64

I didn't plan on Thanos sending us to earth, but I was just going to have to make sure I got to the two stones there first. I already knew someone with one implanted in their head, but I hadn't the slightest clue how I was gonna get it out.

Maw and Obsidian went to New York, they had knowledge of where the time stone might be, but unfortunately didn't care to disclose that information to me. This whole thing was starting to fall apart, and I couldn't bear the thought of what would happen if I failed. Half of all living things, gone. Billions of innocent people dead. No matter what, I couldn't let that happen.

We just arrived in Edinburgh, it was dark out, and not a soul on the streets. All except two people, standing on a street corner together. I guess my best bet was to transport out with Wanda and Vision. There was no telling what Dimitri, Proxima, and Corvus what do to me if I stayed any longer.

I was so unsure about Dimitri, there were so many moments over the past few years where I doubted he was okay with what we were doing. Even with him standing next to me now, I could sense his uneasiness. 

I stood on the rooftop with Dimitri, waiting for Corvus to strike. At the first chance I needed to zap in and out with the two of them. There wasn't going to be much time.

It wasn't long before Corvus snuck up behind Vision, spiking his staff through Vision's back, and lifting him into the air. He screamed out, and reverted back to his original form.

"Vision!" Wanda screamed in horror.

Wanda whipped her hands up, ready to fight, but Proxima slammed some energy from her trident into Wanda's back, sending her flying into some windows across the street.

Corvus kicked Vision to the ground, then stabbing his spear into the edge of Vision's head, trying to pry the stone out. It was now or never.

I pulled my sword from my belt, slamming the hilt into the side of Dimitri's head. He let out a grunt, and fell back on the roof tiles. I leapt off the roof, my feet slamming into the concrete below. I rolled forward, throwing a dagger into the back of Proxima's shoulder.

With her down, I was about to strike down Corvus, but a blast of bright red energy slammed into both of them, throwing them down the block.

"That works too." I said, rushing down to Vision. Wanda beat me to it again, using her powers to fly us over a few buildings, further away from the others.

Once we hit the ground, I grabbed Vision's arm and pulled it over my shoulder. "What are you even doing here?" Wanda asked, grabbing Vision's other arm.

"Long story, not enough time." I said looking around. "We have to get out of here."

"Wait," Wanda protested. "He's too hurt."

We set him down for the moment, propping him up against the alley wall. "We don't have time to wait." I said, my eyes still darting around. "They're gonna be back any second."

"The blade, it stopped me from phasing." Vision grunted.

"It's magic is meant to disrupt any living essence, if you were human, you'd be dead." I said examining the tear in his chest.

"My systems are failing." Vision said. Wanda used her powers, trying to knit back together the gaping hole.

"We're out of time, we have to leave." I said urgently.

I heard footsteps behind us, and I sharply turned, slashing my sword out. The Vibranium clashed against Dimitri's sword. I tried to hold my position against his strength, but I could feel him gaining the upper hand.