76

"I loved and I loved and I lost you"

               - Hurts like Hell, Fleurie

As soon as Alex returned to the Sanctuary, she turned the Time stone over to her father, but was met with Proxima's anger. In the few days since she recovered the stone, Thor had managed to escape the ship with his friends, killing Corvus in the process.

"I will have justice!" Proxima yelled. "They killed Corvus!"

Alex looked extremely disinterested. "If he had been guarding them, like he was supposed to, maybe he'd still be alive." Alex said picking at her nails.

"Corvus is dead because of you!" Proxima roared. "You disappeared for days, and failed to see that Heimdall possessed the power of the Soul stone in his veins!"

"I was weak, and unable to teleport! Corvus died for the Black Order!" Alex barked. "His death was necessary for the greater good!"

"I haven't trusted you since the moment Dimitri pulled your sorry ass out of the dirt! You continue to spare the lives of those pathetic humans!"

Neither of them wanted to engage in a fight, it wouldn't have been pretty for either of them. The two stopped arguing at the sound of the doors bursting open.

"Look who I found scampering about." Dimitri announced as he entered.

Dimitri had a fist full of Steve's hair in his hand as he dragged him into the room. Several of the other guards dragging Tony and Bucky in as well. Alex's face remained completely neutral as they entered.

Alex did however stare at Steve, and he stared back. She clenched her jaw and looked over to Proxima who was practically smiling. Which was a first.

"A gift, for you...." Thanos said looking down to Alex. "I'll allow you to kill one, and set the rest free."

"Only one...." Alex muttered looking between the three. They were all lined up on their knees with their hands bound behind their backs.

"Alex please, don't do this..." Bucky whispered. "I know a part of you still cares for us."

"That's where you're wrong." Alex shook her head.

Dimitri reached down to his boot and took out a black dagger. He handed it to Alex closing her hand around the hilt.

"Then kill me!" Bucky yelled. "I can't live without the person I love most..."

She cocked her head to the side and took a few steps towards him. She bent down in a crouch so their eyes were level.

"No. Death would be to easy for you.... you deserve to live without me.... you deserve to see me for who I really am now. Which is someone who doesn't love you. I never loved you. Not for a single moment." She spat.

Alex got back up and walked over to Tony.

"And you, you want me to kill you too... so you can be with your negligent parents, who I killed as well. I did take so much pleasure in bashing your father's skull in-"

Tony lashed out but the guards grabbed his shoulders and kept him down. Alex looked over to Steve narrowing her eyes.

"And you.... you treated me so much worse than Hydra ever did.... looking down at me like I was no better than gum on your shoe... how does it feel now? When I have a knife to your throat!"

"No!" Bucky screamed.

Alex jerked the knife forward but stopped right at his neck. She got right in his face, rage in her eyes.

"Alex... I'm sorry..." Steve whispered.

"Where ever you go after this life, I hope you suffer..." She whispered in his ear.

Alex stood up abruptly and stomped behind him.

"Don't!" Tony threatened.

She grabbed his hair and yanked his head back, exposing his neck. She brought the knife to his neck, and waited just for a single moment.

"Alex!" Bucky screamed.

Alex exhaled, then jerked the dagger across his neck, tearing it wide open. Bucky started kicking and screaming like crazy trying to get free. Tony just sat there in complete shock.

Steve let out a gasp, his eyes rolling to the back of his head. Alex shoved his body into the dirt with a thud. She stepped over his body and walked right over to Proxima.

"Don't ever question my loyalty again." Alex seethed. Alex twisted her hand, and three portals opened up under Tony, Bucky, and Steve's lifeless body. Dropping them back on earth.

+

Again....

I

Am

So

So

Sorry

😢

Everything will be explained in the next few chapters.