54

"I'm a slave to your games, I'm just a sucker for pain."

               - Sucker for Pain, Lil Wayne, Imagine Dragons, Wiz Khalifa, Logic, & Ty Dolla $ign

"AHHGGHHH!" I screamed, a single tear escaping my eye.

I wait painfully for the next lash, but instead I hear his footsteps, coming closer from behind me. I pant, trying to catch my breath, and manage to lift my head up slightly to look at his cursed face.

"Had enough already, love?" Grayson smiled.

I whimpered and reluctantly kept my mouth shut. No matter my response, he always punished me. I put my head back down and prayed he would stop.

He aggressively stepped forward, grabbing ahold of my neck and forcing me to look back at him.

"You will look at me when I speak to you!" Grayson barked.

"I'm sorry, sir...." I whimpered cowardly.

"You are a disgrace to this organization! I made you the great killer you are, and you attack your fellow soldier! Try and leave us! Leave me!" His hand started to squeeze tighter and tighter, making it difficult to breathe.

"It won't happen again...." I barely managed to whisper.

He leaned in closer, his nose brushing up against mine.

"If it does.... we'll be having a much different conversation." He said clenching his teeth together.

He lets go, and I desperately gasp for air. The painful needles in my lungs starting to fade away. While he did let go of me, our faces were still extremely close.

"Who do you belong to?" He asks.

"Y-you..." I stuttered.

"That's better, love." He says in a much more soothing tone.

He closed what little space we had between us. His lips were hard and forceful. I kept my eyes wide open, and resisted to kiss him back. His lips tasted like blood. I wanted to vomit.

He pulled back, but kept his rough fingers underneath my chin.

"I only want what's best for you.... don't you understand?" He asked.

"Y-yes." I quickly nodded. "Thank you..."

He let go of my chin and stood back up. Quickly heading for the door, he glanced at one of the guards.

"Wipe her, then put her on ice."

+

I quickly became aware of my consciousness. Trying to sit up became the cause of a very painful headache. I hissed, and felt someone's hands on me. I opened my eyes, Steve was sitting next me, with his hand on my arm.

"Alex?" He asked. It took me a moment to process what he was asking.

"....It's me." I whispered. I thought back to what I could remember before I blacked out. "Oh my god..."

"You didn't hurt anyone." Steve tried to reassure me.

"I tried to kill you-"

"Tried. But you didn't."

I looked around, we seemed to be in some old warehouse.

"Where are we? Where's Bucky?" I demanded.

"He's in the other room." Steve nodded to the door.

"I wanna see him-" I tried to get off of what looked like an old couch, but Steve wouldn't let me up.

"He's still unconscious, just rest for a while." I was about to lay back down, but Sam came in from around the corner.

"He's awake." He informed us.

I didn't bother looking back at Steve, I just pushed past him and followed Sam. Bucky was in the center of the room, his metal arm being trapped under a hydraulic press.

"Steve..." Bucky whispered looking past me.

"Which Bucky am I talking to?" I hear him ask behind me.

"Your mom's name was Sarah. You used to wear newspapers in you shoes." He chuckled slightly.

"You can't read that in a museum." Steve smiled.

"Just like that, we're supposed to be cool?" Sam asked.

"Yes." I said pushing past him.

I went to him, kneeling down, and held his hand.

"What did I do?" He asked concerned.

"Enough." Steve said.

"I knew this would happen," Bucky said shaking his head. "Everything Hydra put inside me, inside us, it's still there. All he had to do was say the god damn words."

"Who was he?" Steve questioned.

"I don't know." He replied.

"People are dead," Steve sighed. "The bombing. The set up. The doctor did all that just to get ten minutes with you. I need you to do better than 'I don't know'."

"He wanted to know about Siberia. Where we were kept." He said concentrating. "He wanted to know exactly where."

"Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier." He says.

"There's more of you?" Sam asked.

"Who were they?" Steve asked.

"The most elite death squad." I said. "More kills than anyone in Hydra history, more than me. And that was before the serum."

"They all turned out like you?" Sam asked.

"Worse." Bucky replied.

"The doctor," Steve interrupted. "Can he control them?"

"Enough."

"He said he wanted to see an empire fall," I say remembering his words. "With these guys he can do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize. They can take a whole country down in 1 night. You'd never see them coming."

Sam glanced between Steve and I. "This would be a lot easier if we could...."

"If we call Tony." Steve deadpans.

"No." I groan.

"Oh, he wouldn't believe us." Sam says.

"Even if he did. Who knows if the accords will let him help." Steve says. "We're on our own."

"Maybe not," Sam counters. "I know a guy."

+

So I've been really busy in the past week, I've prewritten 12 chapters for Infinity War and so far it's going amazing :)

I'm pressing pause on STUNNED for a while, so I can focus more on this, but hopefully not for too long.

As soon as I post the last part for Civil War, I have made a trailer and poster for Infinity War that I'm gonna upload here. I've been working on them nonstop for days and I'm so excited to share them with you <3

I have Fall Break coming up in a few days so I'm hoping to finish Civil War within the next week.