58

"But you'll never be alone, I'll be with you from dusk till dawn."

               - Dusk Till Dawn, ZAYN, Ft. Sia

"I knew you'd come back to me..." Grayson whispered in a sickening tone.

Tony raised his arm, sending a blast my way. He hit Grayson right in the shoulder, throwing him off me, and knocking him unconscious.

"I'm gonna kill him..." I seethed. I lunged down at his unmoving body, but Steve grabbed my shoulder first.

"Alex -"

"He is the reason I've killed hundreds of people! None of us would even be here if it wasn't for him, I. Am. Killing. Him!" I roared, my body shaking in pure rage. All I could feel was the anger and the pain. I needed to kill him, I can't let him win.

"He will pay, Alex! For everything he did to you!" Steve promised. "Just not this way!"

"As entertaining as this is, I brought you here for a reason." The voice chuckled. Another light flickered on, revealing the psychiatrist standing behind a small window. I momentarily forgot about Grayson, and focused on the distraught man.

"You killed innocent people in Vienna just to bring us here?" Steve asked.

"I thought about nothing else for over a year. I studied you, I followed you. But now that you are standing here, I just realized.... There's a bit of green in the blue of your eyes. How nice to find a flaw." He said gazing at Steve.

"You're sokovian. Is that what this is about?" Steve asked.

"Sokovia was a failed state long before you blew it to hell. No. I'm here because I made a promise."

"You've lost someone." Steve realized.

"I lost everyone." He corrected him. "And so will you. An empire topple by its enemies can rise again. But one which crumbles from within... that's dead forever."

A small tv that was off to the side clicked on. Only a road was visible in the picture. That road...

"I know that road. What is this?" Tony demanded.

The tv footage proceeded, the car crashing into the tree. Then Bucky and I came into view. It was strange seeing myself do these things. I looked away, not wanting to see myself bash in Howard's skull again. Then I heard the screams of Howard's wife as Bucky choked her to death.

Tony took a lungful step towards Bucky and I, but Steve grabbed his shoulder. "Tony!"

His hate filled eyes looked away from us, to Steve.

"Did you know?" He asked him.

"I didn't know it was them." Steve fibed.

"Don't bullshit me, Rogers, did you know!" Tony demanded.

"Yes." He admitted after a moment.

It only took a matter of seconds before Tony's helmet was back on, and he sucker punched Steve in the face. Tony lunges towards the two of us. I try to use waves to keep him back, but the pressure of his suit is too much.

He snatched me from the ground, grabbing me by my collar, and pinning me against the wall, high from the ground.

"You've been lying this entire time! Pretended you were a friend!" Tony screamed. Grabbing my neck with his hands. I noticed Bucky, climbing up behind him, trying to get high enough to our level.

"I never... pretended.." I managed to choke out.

Once Bucky was high enough he leaped from the platform onto Tony's back. Tony released me and tried to throw Bucky off his back. I hit the ground painfully, struggling to take a breath.