44

"It's okay to afraid, but it will never be the same."

               -Explosions, Ellie Goulding

A few days had passed since the symposium disaster. Not only had I been taken down by some old man, I completely failed Daisy. She had put her faith in me to help the Inhumans, and I only made matters worse.

Hydra now had more reign, and were rounding up Inhumans left and right. We didn't know what exactly they wanted with them, but I could take a close guess. More Hydra puppets.

The thought alone made me nauseous. Someone going through even a fraction of what I did.... It's just evil.

Nevertheless, I could walk again. It took a few hours and a lot of convincing Jemma I was fine, but I was up and ready to leave. They don't need me here anymore, all I did was ruin one of their missions. I need to do something helpful.

I had overheard Coulson and Daisy speaking about their newest mission. They were going to New York. Maybe it was a sign, maybe I'm just stupid. I hadn't seen or spoken to Steve in over a year.

If he doesn't think I'm dead, he thinks I hate him. Neither of which are the case. I just didn't wanna keep lying to his face. He means too much to me.

Too much time has passed, I need to see him. Just so he knows I haven't abandoned him.

After saying goodbye to Jemma, Coulson agreed to let me tag along one final time.

Curiosity got the best of me and I rode with Daisy to the site where a man kept asking police for her. The two had never even met. It was weird, maybe he was Inhuman.

I got out of the car and stayed close by Daisy to avoid getting in the way of anyone else. The man immediately walked away from the officers and straight to Daisy.

"There! There she is!" He exclaimed.

"How do you know my name?" She asked him.

"Because I heard you say it just now!"

"What are you saying-"

"I saw this! This moment, talking to you - the cops - all of it!"

Daisy just shook her head in confusion, "I'm sorry I'm not following."

It's times like these when I remember I'm an actual telepath, and I don't have to wait for answers. I carefully place myself inside his head, watching his most recent memories. It all came to me in a snap.

After a minute I pushed myself back into reality and started to panic. Hydra is coming.

"Everybody get down!" I yelled.

Two seconds later, they came from the sky raining down with gunfire. Daisy grabbed the man and pulled him behind a cop car. I already knew what was about to happen. They weren't after him.

I sprinted towards the alley, barely dodging the deadly bullets. Where the homeless man was waiting. He was the Inhuman, they're after him.

I tried to shield him, but when I touched his arm I felt like I had been paralyzed. Everything stopped, I wasn't there anymore, I was somewhere else.

Steve. He was carrying a coffin, but I couldn't see whose.

And then Natasha. She was in a gathering of shorts. But an explosion erupted, flames everywhere.

I saw Bucky, he was fighting to escape masked soldiers attacking him.

Then me. I didn't know where we were, but there were red lights flashing all around. I was fighting against Steve. No. Not fighting, I was trying to kill him.

Then the Avengers. But, it was just us. Fighting against each other. I couldn't tell if there were sides, or even a motive. Just chaos.

The last was the most distressing. Tony kneeling over a body, but I couldn't see whose. Tony's face was in fit of rage. It had to be someone close to him.

Someone is going to die.

I finally came back from it all and looked up. I was on my hands and knees next to the homeless man. I think he gave me a vision.

"I'm so sorry." He told me sadly.

"No!" I whipped my head around and Daisy was running towards the homeless man. She had just managed to grab his hands, not knowing what would happen if she did, before Hydra shot down a net, scooping him up like a fish.

Daisy got thrown back to the ground but she didn't move for a moment. He gave her a vision as well.

"Someone's going to die..." I muttered thinking back to the visions.

"What? What are you talking about?" Coulson asked.

"I have to go!" I said shaking my head.

"Wait!"

I didn't waste any time using my powers to throw myself onto the roof, and as far away as I could.

If these visions are real, then one of them is gonna die.

AN: PRAISE THE LORD CIVIL WAR HAS ARRIVED