82

"The scar I can't reverse, when the more it heals the worse it hurts..."

               - Dynasty, MIIA

I arrived back the Sanctuary after leaving the cemetery. He still lacked the Power, Reality and Soul stone, which meant I still had time to come up with a plan to get them first. I know where they are, it's just a matter of getting to them.

I made my way through the halls, and into Thanos's court. As soon as I opened the doors, I was greeted by Dimitri and Proxima. They both seemed to be in high spirits, then I noticed him sitting in the throne.

My gaze shifted to the gauntlet.... The Power and Reality stone sitting next to the others, with only one empty space left....

"What's going on?" I asked slowly.

"Things have moved forward." Proxima stated.

"Dimitri and Proxima retrieved these two while you were spying on the humans." Thanos said gazing down at his two new prized possessions. "We are ready to move forward with the invasion."

"Perfect." I forced myself to speak.

"Gather what you need, and we'll be on our way." Thanos said.

I nodded, briefly looking over to the spot where I killed Steve. You could still see the stain his blood left. I can't let his death be in vein... but how do I stand a chance now?

+

Tony's POV:

My mind was going a mile a minute.... More than usual. Steve's gone. We're gonna need everyone we can get to stand a chance against them. I spent every minute since the funeral working on some new suits.

I had plenty of my own nano tech, but the twins were gonna need some gear of their own. Bucky may not like them to be involved but there isn't much choice here. They're strong so we'll need them.

"They're here, Mr. Stark." Friday spoke.

"Good." I replied, attaching some final parts. The elevator dinged open, and the twins slowly walked in.

"Peter said you wanted to see us..." James said.

"You kids are new to the fighting game, so here are some suits for you." I said showing them spread across the lab table. They looked slightly interested but weren't beaming with joy, they were still hurting from Steve's death. "You're mother is coming back, very soon, and she won't be alone. We need your help, but I don't want you thinking about her when you're out there. Focus on the job, protecting the earth, and everyone on it."

"We can barely control our powers, how are we going to be of any help." Sarah said shaking her head.

"I don't want you to control them." I said sternly.

They looked at each other for a moment then nodded. "Okay."

+

Really short, I know, but the next chapter is going to be very long, I was gonna split the whole final battle into a few chapters, but I figured it would be better for just one really long one.

But there will still be one or two more chapters after that, plus the Epilogue.