83 - EndGame

"Can beauty come out of ashes?"

               - Ashes, Celine Dion

I sent a warning to Tony, but with only an hour I wasn't sure if it did much good. Steve's body wasn't even cold yet, and they were anything but prepared for this. I couldn't stall for much longer. Dimitri found me on my way back to the court.

"We have to go, come on." He said, motioning for me to hurry.

"Okay, I'm coming." I nodded. We walked back together, but I tried not rush.

"What happened while I was gone?" I asked him while we walked.

"I already told you." He replied.

"Why'd you go after the stones, without me, without even consulting with me-"

"It wasn't personal, we had an opportunity, and you were gone." He stated defensively.

"You should've told me..." I muttered.

"It's done, okay? We only have one left, you should be pleased. Father's mission is almost complete, and soon you'll have your revenge on the humans who mistreated you."

"You're right..." I hesitantly agreed. "I will have my revenge, but why do you care so much? None of this is personal to you."

"You're my sister, stupid. And Thanos is our father, so this is personal to me." Dimitri replied.

"So you agree with what he's doing?" I asked cautiously.

"Of course, don't you?" Dimitri questioned.

"I understand it, it makes sense." I stated.

"But?" He asked, he stopped walking and put his hand on my shoulder to stop me.

"Maybe it's a waste of time. His mission. I mean, what happens after he succeeds?"

He looked at me with a conflicted expression. "I don't know...."

"Whoever's left, they won't just move on, they'll come after us. You know that right?"

"We'll be okay.... We have each other." He said sternly.

"Yeah... we do." I nodded.

I don't blame him, he was raised this way, brainwashed, by Thanos. Even with the horrible things he's done, he's still my brother. I want to save him if it's at all possible.

And if I can't save him, I'll do whatever I need to protect my family.

+

"You will have the KingsGuard, the Dora Milaje, the Border Tribe, and the Jabari Tribe ready to fight at our command." King T'Challa spoke to us.

"It won't be enough.... Not for them." I muttered.

"Our forces are the strongest in the world, Mr. Stark. As well as the technological advancements we have, they will not stand a chance."

"I hope you're right about that... for all our sakes."

+

I didn't enter the battlefield until they had broken the Wakandan border. Once we made it, everything was already in chaos.

There was already so much death, there's more than our own.

I saw him up ahead, fighting the chitauri creatures. I was even more surprised to see Sarah and James, fighting beside him. Their powers were as strong as I expected them to be. They were easily killing the chitauri.

It wasn't long before they noticed me standing not far from them. Sarah blasted a few last chitauri near them, before walking towards me with Bucky and James.