71

"Welcome to the narcissism, We're united under our indifference"

               - Sick Boy, The Chainsmokers

"Has there been any news from Proxima?" Alex asked Dimitri while sipping her drink.

"Be patient." Her brother hummed. "Focus on the task at hand."

"This isn't a task, it's a pit stop." She grumbled. "I finally get my mark and they put us on scut duty."

"Better than Midgard." Dimitri reminded her.

"Don't make me vomit..." Alex rolled her eyes.

"This isn't just scut, you need to get close to him. He knows where the tesseract is." Dimitri spoke quietly.

"Are you doubting my abilities?" Alex said narrowing her eyes and pouring another drink.

"Do I look stupid?" Her brother chuckled. "Don't let the other one get in your head, he'll say anything to turn you back."

"I'm sure he'll be a little preoccupied." Alex smirked.

Alex knew today could come back to bite her back in the ass, but if they both pulled this off, the avengers wouldn't stand a chance against them.

"What intel of the power stone have you obtained." Alex asked changing the subject.

"I know the Grandmaster knows who currently is hiding it." Dimitri said.

"We already knew that, so you learnt nothing?" Alex scoffed teasingly.

"I've got it handled." Dimitri said unconvincingly.

"I'm sure you do." Alex laughed sarcastically.

They quickly ended their conversation when they noticed the Grandmaster approaching them.

"Welcome, friends! Sorry to keep you waiting-" He greeted the two.

"Well we're very patient," Alex said glancing to her brother. "But unfortunately my father is not.... You're behind on your payments."

"Yes, I have his payment ready." He replied nervously. "But, I would remiss if you didn't stay and watch the tournament..."

"We'd love to stay for the show." Dimitri said with no amusement in his voice or facial expressions.

They left the bar, and the Grandmaster led them to a private viewing room to the arena. There were thousands of people waiting and cheering. The two walked around the room, one other person already waiting on a very long sofa. He stood up and the Grandmaster introduced us.

"This is Loki of... Assgard, Assburg... something." The Grandmaster shook his head. "These are representatives of the Black Order, Dimitrious and Alexandra."

"Mr. America's sister is it?" Loki hummed intriguingly.

"You're mistaken." Alex said quietly, sitting down beside him. Dimitri sitting further over next to the Grandmaster.

"Perhaps.... What brings you to a planet as dull as this?" His voice had such a seductive tone to it.

"Not that it concerns you, but we have private business with the Grandmaster." Alex said, still not looking to him.

"I actually know quite a bit about you." Loki taunts. "Growing up on Asgard, we heard myths of a being. Half Enternal, half Human. Such a rare beauty.... wherever the child was, war and destruction followed."

"It sounds like your mother read you too many bed time stories..." Alex muttered.

Loki moved closer, leaning into her ear. "Only real ones...."

Alex broke her refusal to look at him, turning her head towards his.

"I'm a lot more than a bedtime story." Alex said gazing into his eyes.

Loki smiled for a moment then sat back up next to her. "I'm counting on it."

"What about you," Alex said to change the subject. "I hear that you've been ruling over Asgard, ironic because your blood is that of a frost giant."

"Are you implying that I don't belong on the throne?" Loki said jokingly.

"Oh, no, I wasn't implying, I was saying." Alex said. "You seem kinda like a brat."

"I wreaked havoc on your Midgard." He said.

"You were having a fit and threw around your toys until the avengers put you down for a nap." Alex smiled. "Don't get me wrong, you talk a good game... but it's just talk. You could never handle something as elite as the Black Order."

Loki sat there in silence, absorbing her words. There wasn't much time for anymore conversation between the two, the Grandmaster now starting his show.

"Without further ado, it's main event time! Making his first appearance, though he looks quite promising, he's got a couple of tricks up his sleeve. I'll say no more, see what you think, ladies and gentlemen, I give you.... Lord of thunder!" The Grandmaster cheered before sitting down on the sofa next to Dimitri.

Thor walked into the arena through one of the gates down below, looking quite different than Alex had remembered him. His hair was cut much shorter, his armor was different, his hammer was gone, and he had some kind of pike. With red paint on parts of his face.

He took a few moments adjusting to the bright lights before he looked over to the booth where they were watching him. His face broke into a smile and he waved.

"Alex! Hey, Alex, it's me! Thor!" He grinned at her from the arena.

Alex just sat there, completely unfazed. She only gave a brief glance over to her brother at the other end of the sofa and rolled her eyes.

"Remember? From the Avengers?" He said eagerly.

We should go. Alex thought to Dimitri.

"We've grown tired of your games, Grandmaster. It's time we collected our payment." Dimitri told him sternly, standing up.

The Grandmaster looked increasingly nervous. He clasped his hands together with worried eyes.

"Well yes, of course, but first-"

Alex refused to let him finish his sentence, they'd had enough with waiting. She stood up abruptly using her powers and threw him up against a wall by his neck. Loki just sat back and watched.

"You seem to forget, the only reason my father allows your circus of a planet to exist, is because you pay your dues..." Alex seethed, slowly stepping closer to him.

She whipped out her sword and swung it at him, stopping right before it could cut through his neck.

"If my father has to send me here again.... I won't be here on business...."

The Grandmaster was shaken to the core, and Alex released him, his body dropping to the ground with a thud.

"Well it's been fun." Alex said looking back to Loki. "Call me if you wanna be more than just talk." She smirked.

+

This song is the shit ;D

Anyway, get ready for another reunion next chapter, but I'm not gonna say who ;P

PECE BOI