20

"Heaven if you sent us down. So we could build a playground. For the sinners To play as saints."

               - Crossfire, Stephen

There hasn't been much for me to do since we got back and I'm waiting in the lab while Jemma analyzes the remains of the substance Cal took.

He's currently in the basement and I hope whatever they have holding him down is strong enough. Dude seems like a nut job.

I'm sitting on top of a table next to Jemma while texting Steve.

S - Having fun?

A - Not really, had a minor set back.

S - You okay?

A - Yes, Captain.

S - Seriously?

A - Yep : )

S - Please come home soon, I miss you.

A - I will, promise.

S - Are you any closer?

A - Maybe, I got some useful intel in Italy, and I'll be in Russia in a few days.

S - Good. Be careful.

A - Always.

I press send and tuck my phone down in my boot.

"Tell me you figured out what drugs Cal took." Coulson addresses Jemma walking into the lab. "Because my gut's saying, everything ever made."

"Maybe the dude is just a bag of crazy?" I mutter.

"I haven't fully sequenced the formula yet. If only for the multitude of trace drugs found. But, my initial list includes Anabolic-Androgenic steroids, a liver enzyme blocker, various metabolic enhancers, Methamphetamines, what appears to be gorilla testosterone, and - no lie, a drop of peppermint. I think it's an ill conceived attempt at super strength." Great, more idiots trying to recreate my brother.

"Wow," I sigh picking up some of the remaining liquid. "Seventy years and they still won't give up, Dr. Deranged wasn't even close."

"How do you know?" Jemma asks curiously. I don't answer and her mouth gapes to the floor. "Wait, You know?!"

"What's your point?" I finally say, rather harsh.

"Why haven't you told anyone? How do you even know?" She continues to prod.

"You saw it in Dr. Erskine's thoughts, didn't you?" Coulson finally speaks up.

"The world could have more Super-Soldiers-" Jemma continues and that's when I've had enough.

"Exactly!" I yell in her face. "You really wanna know why I haven't told anyone? Because they will make more! And that puts a target on my brothers back!"

I step closer to her so our faces are almost touching. "You really expect me to just hand over something that could destroy the one thing in this world that I care about?"

"I'm sorry. I suppose I never considered that." She says sheepishly.

I back away, realizing how harsh I was. Jemma looks absolutely terrified of me, It's something I've gotten used to seeing from people, but that was months ago.

It's the definition of deja vu and I start remembering bit's of Hydra. That part of me is still there, I thought I could be rid of it but I was wrong. I'm still the same person I was before I remembered my crap of a life. I'll always be Hydra.