41

"You're the thing that I invoke, my all persistent goal."

               -To be Human, Sia Ft. Labrinth

"What happened?" I asked Coulson as soon as I boarded the quinjet.

"She and Fitz were ambushed by Hydra." I get a better look at what's around me and notice three others.

There's the blonde woman I remember from last time, Bobbi, and her friend Hunter. The only one I don't recognize is a man lying on the floor, looking quite terrified, tied up with his mouth duct taped.

"Who's this?"

"This is Thomas." Hunter replied.

"Why is he tied up."

"We just kidnapped him." Bobbi said this time.

"Why?"

"He's Ward's brother." Hunter says again.

"Who's Ward?" I asked puzzled.

"He's with Hydra, and Thomas is gonna draw out Ward for us." Coulson said looking down at him.

I shook my head in confusion. I held my hand up signaling him to stop. "You know what, nevermind, this is too complicated, I don't care. Lets just get Jemma and Fitz back."

"How exactly is this guy gonna help?" I asked annoyed.

"Doesn't matter, I just need you to be ready to help me with Ward. He's dangerous and he needs to be taken out." Coulson says to me.

Taken out? I can't kill him. I won't kill him, especially not Hydra. That's not me anymore.

"I'm not killing anyone." I tell Coulson blatantly. "I thought we were just rescuing Jemma."

I can see it all over his face, he's not telling me something. All of us know what's about to happen next, Bobbi and Hunter reach for their guns, but I sent them flying to the back of the jet.

I use my powers to push Coulson against the wall and I force my way inside his head. It's so jumbled inside, there are so many mixed emotions. He's grieving....

I watch everything that happened. Ward killed a woman he loved, Rosalind. He wants revenge.

I break away and step back.

"You used me." I spoke quietly, my voice barely a whisper. "You just want revenge, you only told me they had Jemma so I would help! You lied to-!"

"I didn't lie!" Coulson fired back angrily. He takes a deep breath and tries to calm himself. "He's Hydra. He deserves to die."

I know he's talking to me, but it seems like he said that last part more to himself.

"That's not for you to decide..." I say hesitantly. I know I hate Hydra, but I've learned better. We can't just kill all of them. That's not how it works. I made a promise to Steve, and myself.

"He was one of your handlers." Coulson says. His tone of voice is different though, he's not being deceptive, but trying to persuade me. "Ward revealed to us once that he was in charge of the great Hydra legend, The CopyCat."

I tightened my fists, trying to control my anger. Steve taught me to be better, revenge wasn't right. But Coulson was making it seem right here.

This isn't even about me, this isn't even about Ward. This is about Coulson. Whether this was right or not, he's not gonna stop. Ward killed someone that he loved, I know the feeling. He's never gonna stop.

"Fine." I finally said, looking back up to face Coulson. "But that's it. As soon as I find Jemma, I'm done."

"Perfect." Coulson says blankly. I know this is wrong, but I'll leave the killing to Coulson.