62

"Who's in the shadows, who's ready to play. Are we the hunters? Or are we the prey?"
               - Game of Survival, Ruelle

I waited silently beside the water, staring at my rippling reflection. The creek I chose was small, secluded, away from everything else. I sat and waited patiently, he should be here soon. It never took him any longer to catch up to me.

It didn't take much longer before I heard the crunching of the gravel behind me.

"It took you long enough." I said loud enough for him to hear.

"No more running, love?" He asked.

I stood up and turned just my head. "Nope."

Without hesitation, I charged towards him at full speed. I leaped off the ground and grabbed his waist, pulling him down. He fell back, and as we fell together I summoned my powers with Tony's memories.

Our bodies vaporized in the air, leaving behind a brief purple dust. Our surroundings changed, to a very rocky dark setting.

I stumbled back to my feet, just as he did. I whipped my sword out and glared at him. He laughed and I swung out at him.

He dodged underneath, just missing my blade, and tackled me. Knocking my sword out of my hands as well.

The back of my head hit a sharp rock and I could feel the sticky warm blood running through my hair. Damit...

I elbowed his rib, and shoved him onto his stomach.

"Eat dirt, psycho!" I grasped his neck and shoved his face into the dusty ground.

He grunted and coughed under me, his hands reached back and latched onto me. He tightened his grip and in one motion, flipped us over. Sharp rocks were digging into my back this time, and I wrestled to get him off me.

He snatched my wrists, and pinned me down. I continued wrestling to get free, but he was stronger. He pressed his body closer to mine, and leaned down to my face. His face was now covered in small cuts from before.

"This is gonna be fun..." He chuckled, brushing his lips against mine.

My eyes were burning with hatred and I couldn't turn it off. But, something in him seemed to switch. His eyes changed in an instant, and he gasped. I was confused, until I saw the end of my sword poking out of his chest.

I looked back up to him. Blood dripping from his mouth, and then falling on my neck. The sword jerked back out of his chest. A black boot kicked him in the gut, making him fall over beside me.

Grayson coughed more blood once more, then stopped moving altogether. I sat up on my elbows, and turned my attention towards the stranger who just saved me. But, I already knew him.

I remember seeing him, when I went through that portal to save Jemma. I tried to convince myself I was hallucinating then, but now he's here. He's real. He looks almost exactly as I remember him. Tall, muscular, with similar hair to what mine was.

"Thanks..." I muttered.

His face broke into a smile and he sighed. He twisted my sword to point behind him, then extended his other hand down to me.

"I figured you could use the help." He spoke. His voice was deep, and firm.

I took his hand and he easily pulled me up from the dirt. I got a better look at him now, he had my same emerald eyes as well. He held the hilt of my sword out to me.

"This belongs to you I'm guessing?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"Yea." I said taking it from his hands, and returning it to it's sheath. "Who am I thanking for saving me?"

He grinned and held out his hand to me. "I'm Dimitri."

+

Bye bye Grayson 👋🏻😊😊😊

I'll be posting the poster and trailer for Infinity War next. I'm uploading this from my phone at school, and the poster is on my iMac so it'll be a few hours till I get home.

I'm almost done planning out each Infinity War chapter, so I'll start posting those as well.

I've also noticed that some people think that Steve and Alex and twins. That's actually not true, she's two years older than him, and as mentioned before, she is half alien so Steve's her half brother. I just though I'd mention that cause it's important to know for Infinity War.

So the mystery guy's name is Dimitri. He's a character I've been planning for a while. I wasn't looking to make this character, but I created him specifically for Brendon Urie. He's based off of another character you might know, but I can't say who just yet (too many spoilers) but I wanted to add Brendon to this story. He just has this charm about him that I thought would be perfect.

That's all, the trailer and poster will be up soon, I hope you guys like it (even though it's shit, cause I can't photoshop 😜)