69

"107th, Sergeant James Barnes. Shipping out for England first thing tomorrow."

"I'll be back before you know it, I promise."

"I can do this!"

"Hail Hydra...."

"What's your name!"

"Mission report."

"Who the hell is Bucky?"

"You know me..."

"I don't give a shit if you don't think you deserve happiness! I love you!"

"I love you too...."

"There's no shame in not caring."

"Mom!"

"Alex?"

"Alex?"

I opened my eyes, Dimitri standing in the doorway. He finally took off his gear, and dressed himself in a dark long sleeve t-shirt and black jeans. It was odd seeing him like this.

I sat up straighter against the wall, pulling one knee close to my chest. "What?" I asked tiredly.

"She's back." Dimitri said with a tinge of hope.

"Is-"

"Yeah, they got him." He nodded.

I put one hand on the wall, pushing myself on my feet. It's been over three weeks, but I still felt as weak as I did then. I've barely slept, or eaten... I couldn't think of anything else. Nothing other than a replay of what happened.

I followed Dimitri down stairs to the main room, where all of them were waiting. Tony was sitting in a chair, hooked up to an iv. He was so thin, I could see his bones. Our eyes met for a few seconds, but neither of us spoke a word to each other.

"Here." Steve said as he approached me. He held out a small syringe, but I just rolled my eyes. After the battle I had no energy, my powers were almost non-existent at this point. So, Bruce made a serum that was supposed to help me get stronger. I didn't care much about my health, not at all if we can't get them back.

"I don't need it." I stated in an aggravated tone. Steve glanced at Dimtiri.

"She does." Dimtiri told him.

"Please." Steve sighed. His eyes were pleading, so I gave in, holding my arm out to him. He found a vein, and pushed the serum through the needle.

He pulled the needle out, and a small drop of blood seeped through the hole in my skin. I just pulled my sleeves down, holding them down at my wrists.

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to earth." Rhodey said, beginning to fill Tony in.

The briefing screen began flashing images of all the missing people. I felt a hard lump in my throat when Bucky's image came up. Followed by Sarah and James.

"World governments are in pieces." Nat said. "The parts that are still working, are trying to take a census and it looks like he did... he did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out fifty percent of all living creatures."

"Where is he now? Where?" Tony asked.

"We don't know." Steve said, folding his arms across his chest. "He just opened a portal and walked through."

Tony's eyes wandered over to Thor, who was sitting alone in the other room, separated from us by a glass wall. "What's wrong with him?"

"He's pissed." Rocket says. "He thinks he failed. Which of course he did, but there's a lot of that's goin' around, ain't there?"