6

"Goddamn right, you should be scared of me!"

               - Who is in Control, Hasley

I feel my head spinning and the ground below me starting to shift. My eyes slowly open and my vision comes back into play.

The ship is slowly coming apart in front of my eyes, explosions are going off everywhere. I turn my head to the side, Bucky is trapped under a large metal beam and Steve Is trying to help him out.

Bucky crawls out and pauses, not sure why Steve just saved him.

"You know me!" Steve pushes him.

"NO I DON'T!" Bucky screams back before punching him. Steve stands back up and continues to try to stop him.

"Bucky, you've known me your whole life." He breathes.

Bucky looks both confused and angry, then backhands Steve with his metal arm.

"Stop!" I scream desperately, but he doesn't even look my way. I get on my hands and knees, the pounding in my head getting stronger and stronger each time I move.

"Your name.. Is James... Buchanan Barnes." Steve gasps in between words.

"Shut up!" He screams and hits him again. Steve gets back up "I'm not gonna fight you."

He lets his shield fall, slipping through a hole and disappearing somewhere in the water below. What the hell is he doing? I clutch my side and pull myself up, leaning against what is left of the wall for support.

"You're my friend." Steve says. Bucky lunges at him knocking him down and climbs on top of him.

"You're my mission!" He sneers. Bucky continues to punch him in the face. I limp towards them slowly, almost tripping over the metal holding the glass in place.

"YOU'RE!"

Punch

"MY!"

Punch

"MISSION!"

Punch

He stops punching for a moment to catch his breath, but still raises his fist again.

"Then finish it." Steve tells him. "Cause I'm with you till the end of the line."

I'm almost within reaching distance of them and there's a loud creaking coming from above.

"No!" I scream. The huge pillar smashes down, knocking Steve out of the ship and towards the water.

I trip forward and fall through the broken glass, something latches onto me and keeps me from falling. I gaze above me, Bucky's metal hand latched onto my wrist.

His eyes lock on to the chain around my neck. "Where did you get that?" He demands.

You know where. Hundreds of emotions cross his face, I look down at the water then back to him.

"I have to help him." I plead. His eyes widen, but I break free of his grip and my body goes plummeting to the water.

I look up and see his face in complete distraught right before I slam in the water and he's gone from my sight.

I look around desperately for Steve, his body is barely visible, he's unconscious and slowly sinking to the bottom.

The lack of air is getting to me and my head begins to pound again. I swim down and grab Steve's arm, doing my best to try to swim to the surface. My vision starts to get a bit spotty, and my head throbs with pain.