50

"I've been standing here my whole life, Everything I've seen twice."

               - Runnin' , Adam Lambert

I waited impatiently a few blocks away for something to happen. Steve made it into the apartment, Sam was perched somewhere out of view and I was waiting on my motorcycle in an alley down the street.

I extended my mind towards the apartment and started to pick up on some buzz. Bucky, he was there. I could feel him. He's scared though, and confused. I wanted nothing more than to rush him out of there.

A sudden breakout of gunfire broke me from my thoughts. I pulled my helmet over my head and sped right into traffic. All the cars honked and moved quickly to avoid me.

I turned the corner and came to a screeching halt on the sidewalk. I looked above me at the enormous building, all kinds of loud noises coming from the top.

Something came flying out of the window and crashed into a neighboring building. It's Bucky.

I abandoned my bike and slammed the concrete with quakes, throwing my body straight up. I reached the roof in a matter of seconds and flipped onto the rocky surface.

Bucky was being a few yards away being pinned down by a man in a dark suit. Razor sharp claws inches from his neck.

I darted towards the two and threw myself at the man, grabbing at his waist and dragging him off Bucky. Bucky got back up and hopped off the roof just as a helicopter started firing bullets down on us.

I used my powers to shield myself, and the other man's suit seemed to be bullet proof, as he was unaffected by them. He just ignored them and leaped off the roof after Bucky.

I was doing my best to shield the bullets away, but I couldn't keep up this force for long. Sam swung in and let his body kick into the side of the copter, throwing it completely off. Just as Steve finally leaped from the apartment window, to the roof.

I quickly escaped the roof top, and threw down some quakes to soften my fall. I still had on my helmet so I didn't hesitate speeding back into traffic. I noticed up ahead, the three of them leaping down into an underpass freeway.

I stayed above ground to avoid any collusion, and moved faster to get ahead of them. Once I was far enough ahead, I ran my bike into one of the holes in the underpass down to their level. I whipped the bike around and stopped making black streaks on the road.

I had stopped just in front of Bucky, who stopped in surprise. I flipped up the shield to my helmet so he could see me.

"Get on!" I hollered at him. The man in the black cat like suit were gaining on us, with Steve driving a stolen car behind him.

Bucky didn't waste any time getting on, and the bike went back into full speed down the highway. I didn't dare slow down once, I could feel the unknown man getting closer and closer.

It wasn't just him chasing us, but dozens of police vehicles were on our tails. We weren't going to be fast enough.

The cat man leaped taking a swing at us, but I swerved out of the way just in time. Unfortunately the swing, knocked over our balance, the side of the bike almost hitting the road, if it wasn't for Bucky who used his metal hand to push us back up, the friction causing sparks to fly everywhere.

Another opening was coming so as soon as we passed, I quaked the overpass, making the concrete ceiling crumble behind us. Somehow, the cat man made it through in time and I felt his claws pierce the back tire.

The bike gave out and we were both thrown off. I rolled midair, and I couldn't stop myself. I knew the road would rip my skin apart. I braced myself for the painful impact, but Bucky's arms grabbed me before I hit the ground, He created a body of armor for me using his own body and arms.

Once we stopped rolling, I was lying down, back against the pavement, with Bucky hovering above me like a shield. We only had a moment before, the cat man lunged at him, throwing him off me.

Bucky pushed him off, but now we had hundreds of guns on us, nobody dared to move. I noticed Steve standing near the two of us, trying to signal to the soldiers, we surrendered.

A loud clank came down in between the three of us and the cat man, Rhodey in his War Machine suit, with guns pointed at both of us.

"Stand down!" He said. "That's an order!"

I slowly lifted the helmet off my head, and the other man did the same. I didn't know who he was but apparently Rhodey did.

"Your majesty." Rhodey said to him once his mask was off.

Steve slowly set his shield on the pavement, and glanced at me.

"Alex..." Steve whispered.

Without removing the glare from my face, I took my staff from my back and let it drop to the ground.

Several of the guards moved in on us. First they grabbed Bucky, shoving him to the ground and cuffing him.

Then I felt several pairs of hands grabbing me in several different points on my body. Once I heard the cuffs click I felt the sensation of my powers disappear.

It's like I said. Back to the freezer.

+

WOOOOOO THIS IS THE 50TH CHAPTER!!!!

Damn....

I'm thinking maybe this book will be over at 100, idk, just an estimate.

Also, If you live in Houston PLEASE STAY SAFE! I feel horrible about whats happening over there, and I know that Sebastian was scheduled for a con there in 3 weeks, and now he's not going because of the hurricane. I was gonna fly out there and see him, but I don't care about that anymore, I just really hope everyone there is okay.

Anyway, I hope you guys like this chapter. I'm gonna flip flop from updating this story, and STUNNED The First Avenger, so if I update one, chances are the next update isn't that far behind.