42

"If you wanna start a fight you better throw the first punch, make it a good one."

               - The Good, The Bad, and The Dirty, Panic! At the Disco

I had desperately tried to move Coulson without any successful outcome. I was definitely missing Steve's powers right about now. I could sense Ward's mind though, they weren't close to us, but if Coulson doesn't wake up soon we may not be able to catch up.

This planet was incredibly strange. There are other planets extremely close by it, all of this looks so unreal. The only thing I found more confusing was this sort of sixth sense. I can feel someone or something. A sort of presence.

I sat on a rock perched next to an unconscious Coulson. When we first arrived, the planet was caked with dust in the air and I couldn't see a foot away. There are still wisps of dust, but I can see now. Nothing but dirt and rocks. I'm not sure how anything could live here.

My eyes wandered the horizon, scanning back and forth, looking for anything. For a moment, things started to pick up. The dust was becoming restless, but only in a certain spot next to a large boulder.

I squinted, and stood up from the rock. Just past the dirt there was someone. Standing right next to the boulder. He was tall. He wore all black clothing, his black vest had the sleeves cut off, showing his muscle built arms. His expression frozen while his pale white hair was thrown around in the dust.

"Hey!" I yelled and walked a few steps in his direction, but a cloud of dust momentarily blocked my view. When the dust finally settled, he was nowhere to be seen. Just, gone.

I heard Coulson stirring awake, so I turned my attention back to him. Coulson tried to stand up immediately, but I forced him to hold still.

"Coulson, wait." He wouldn't hold still, so I opted to at least help him stand.

"Where's Ward?" He questioned me.

"Don't worry, he's still within my mind range, we have time to catch up, just rest for a minute you hit your head pretty har-"

"I'm fine, let's go." He pushed past me and started trekking up the rocky hill.

"Wrong way." I said, annoyed that he wouldn't listen to me.

He turned around and started marching towards the boulder. I followed him, but stopped momentarily to touch the boulder. That man had to have been standing right about where I am now. But there aren't any tracks to indicate he was ever here. I had to have hallucinated him.

After walking for what seemed like forever Coulson finally spoke to me.

"How close are we?" He asked.

"Close..." I said eyeballing the footprints in the sand. "They went this way."

I jumped off the ridge and slid down the sand mountain. Coulson followed moments later and we continued to move in on the footprints.

"Why don't you just find their minds instead of the footprints?" He asked. I kicked my foot out from the deep sand and tried to keep a steady pace.

"Because, I can only sense what direction they are, and how close by the strength of the connection to their thoughts. Footprints give me less of a headache."

"Is Fitz or Jemma here?" He asked once again.

"I don't think it's Jemma, I have a stronger connection with her, I would've sensed her. My best guess is Fitz, but I can't know for sure till we get closer."

We walked some more for about an hour before I could feel any actual thoughts. I could almost pinpoint them but the rapidly growing dust storm made it impossible to see them.