The Secret 2- Part 14

I sat down on a chair in the canteen. I placed my ham sandwich down on the table and waited for Aiden to get his lunch. As I saw him pay for his lunch at the counter, I waved my hand about to catch his attention that I was sat here. I smiled at him as he slowly walked over to me with a tray of a burger and chips. He sat down and picked a soggy chip and dipped it in tomato sauce.

'Want some?' He asked.

'No, I'm good.' I grinned.

'So, hows your day?!' He asked.

'Annoying.'

'What? Why?'

'That stupid guy over there.' I pointed at Austin. 'He's such a jerk! I hate him. So yeah... his good-looking and all but he has the worst attitude.. EVER!' I rolled my eyes at Austin.

'Ok.' He ate his burger.

'So how's your da-'

'HEY MARIA!' A voice from behind me yelled as it cut me off.

As I turned around to face the voice a full cream pie flew to my face. I was covered in cream. Everyone stared and bursted out into laughter. It was all coming back. The tears of laughter everyone made when someone made me look stupid. I wiped the cream of my eyes and walked up to Austin.

'Why do you hate me so much? I never did anything to you.'

I felt a tear drop down to my face as his friend answered back, 'Because you're a freak!'

His other friends laughed. Austin just stared at me and I saw a grin appearing on his face as he copied his friends.

'Why you little son of a-'

Aiden ran up to Austin. He was about to punch him when I grabbed his arm to stop him and said, 'Aiden, Let's go. He's not even worth it.'

We both walked off. He passed me some tissues and I wiped the cream off my face and shirt.

'We should tell the principal.' He said.

'No!' I yelled, 'We are not telling the principal.'

'Why not?!'

'Cause!!' I sighed, 'Promise me you won't tell anyone. Principal, Dad or even Lauren, please?'

'I'm not promising anything.' He said.