The Secret 2- Part 27

'Honey, it's nearly your birthday.' Dad smiled as he sipped on his hot coffee.

'Yeah, I know.' I grinned.

'What do you want to do for it?' He asked.

'Dad, I'm fine. I don't need a party.'

'No, you're going to be sixteen. You need a party.'

'We don't have enough money. Just a cake will do.' I smiled.

'Are you sure?' Lauren asked.

'Yeah, its fine.' I looked over at Aiden. He was on the sofa on his phone again.

'Aiden, you'll help me choose a cake, right?' I asked.

He ignored me and carried on texting. He started smiling and laughing as he read his text. I raised my eyebrow at him, 'Aiden?'

'What?!' He snapped.

'You'll help me choose a cake, right?'

'Ask Austin!' He snapped again.

He grabbed his bags and walked off. I guess we're not walking to school together again.

'What just happened? Are you guys ok?' Lauren asked.

'Just a misunderstanding. We'll be fine.' I faked a smile.

*Aiden's P.O.V*

It's nearly Maria's birthday. I only have around ten dollars to get her something. I was going to use it to buy a few revision books for my next exam but she's my best friend. We may not be getting on right now but she's the best thing that has ever come up in my life. I have to get her something special. I was thinking of buying her this dress we saw in town two weeks ago. She really liked it. I hope so anyway...