The Secret 2- Part 42

I sat down on one of the benches outside and peacefully ate my lunch. I stared at another bench from a distance and spotted Isabella and Aiden both eating their lunch. They were laughing so loudly that even from where I was I could hear them. I've never heard Aiden laugh like that.. EVER. He must be really happy with Isabella. I sighed as I threw my apple in the bin. I got up and glanced at them for a few seconds then walked off. I slowly walked inside and as I saw my locker from a distance I noticed Austin putting some stuff in my locker. I hid inside a classroom and peeked until he walked off. I tip-toed to my locker and slowly opened it. Inside was another red rose with a note that said, 'Time will come and you'll find out who I am soon. Love, your prince charming (: xx' 'Wait.. Austin? You're the prince charming?!' I said as I looked at the note. I placed the note and rose back in my locker and ran off. I looked for Austin and found him outside sitting on the field. I walked up to him and sat down next to him. 'Oh.. Hey Maria.' He smiled. 'I know your secret, Austin.' 'What?!' 'You're the prince charming that keeps sending me roses and notes.' I laughed. He went red. 'Yeah.' He mumbled. 'Why? Why would you do that?!' I asked. There was an awkward silence then he took a deep breath and said, 'Maria, I've... I've liked you since the day I met you.' He laughed, 'With the mud stains on your top and your messy hair. You don't care about what you look like or the calories in the food you eat, unlike most girls in this school. You're so different and I've never met anyone like you before.' I looked down on the grass in shock. 'You don't like me back, do you?' He frowned. 'I.. I'm just shocked. I.. I thought you hated me.' I stuttered. 'That was all an act. How else could I get your attention?' He smiled, 'It's fine. I understand.. You like Aiden. I get it.' There was another awkward silence. I looked up at the sky and stared at the trees swaying as the wind blew across it. I then looked at Isabella and Aiden still laughing and smiling on the bench. 'Is it really obvious?' I asked. He slowly nodded his head and stared at Isabella and Aiden too. 'It's funny really.. When I was still in England he said he loved me but I never really saw him in that way. But now that we're here in Dayton, everything's changed. I like him but he doesn't like me anymore.' 'It doesn't seem funny to me.' He said. 'Shut up!' I laughed. 'How do you know he doesn't like you anymore?' He asked. 'Austin, we hardly ever talk now. He's always with or texting Isabella. All he ever talks about is Isabella.' I sighed and laid down on the grass. Austin laid down too. 'Maybe you should tell him how you feel. Everything might change.' He said. 'No.. There's no point. Isabella and him are happy. I don't want to ruin it for him.'