The Secret 2- Part 30

'Maria!' I heard a voice shout my name from behind me. It was Austin.

'Oh.. Hey, Austin. What's wrong?' I smiled.

He smiled back at me and looked at the gift bag he was holding. He gave me the bag and said, 'I heard it's your birthday tomorrow.'

'Austin!' I laughed, 'You shouldn't have bothered.'

'No! I really want to.' He smiled.

He grabbed my arm and led me to a nearby bench. We both sat down and I placed my bag on the floor. I grabbed the gift bag and carefully placed it on my lap.

'Open it! Open it!' He chanted.

I laughed at him and carefully ripped the tape off the top of the bag. Inside was the most beautifullest dress I have ever seen. It was delicately folded with strands of pink tissue paper covering it up. I grabbed the dress and carefully placed the gift bag on the floor. I slowly waved the dress about in the air so I could closely admire its decorations. The dress was beyond beautiful. No words can describe its true beauty. It was unique and simple. It was a white dress with black patterns decorating it. It was sleeveless with black strip of ribbon which looked like a belt. It was quite short too, it was just above my knees.

'Ww...wo...wow!' I stuttered.

I was speechless. The dress was THAT beautiful. It looked designer and it looked very expensive. I sighed and started folding the dress up. I carefully placed it back in the gift bag. It wasn't as perfect as when I opened it, but I tried. I handed the gift bag back to Austin.

'What are you doing?!' He raised his eyebrow at me.

'Austin, I appreciate your effort, but I can't take this gift.'

'Why not?!' He asked.

'I can tell its expensive. You honestly didn't have to get me anything.' I said.

He grabbed my hands and smiled, 'Maria, it's your birthday tomorrow. I want you to have this present. Wear this tomorrow. Please?' I looked at him, still not convinced.

'Please, you helped me with Algebra. It's the least I can do.' He smiled.

My frown turned into a smile. 'Thanks, Austin.'

'It's ok.'