The Secret 2- Part 82

It was a dark, cold night. It was quiet and the sound of snores coming from each room filled the palace. I took my pyjamas off and put my day clothes on. I got the bag, full of clothes which will last me for at least a week and slowly crept out from my room. I quietly closed the door to my room and tip-toed to the door of the maids room. I quietly tapped on the floor which was mine and Penelope's signal that I was ready. She came out of the room and we both quietly walked outside. The guards were fast asleep. One of them was sitting on a chair with his eyes closed and his head leaned back on the chair. We both walked over to one of the walls. 'Thank you so much Penny!' I smiled. 'It's Ok. I'm sorry Maria. I just really needed the help.' 'What??!' I laughed. 'Nevermind! Be safe out there!' She whispered. I nodded my head and she gave me a leg up. As I got to the top of the wall, I dropped my bag on the pavement and jumped down. I got my bag and started walking off. I don't know why but I heard footsteps behind me. As I walked faster, it walked faster too. I started running and I could hear it's footsteps coming closer to me. I tripped over a stick on the ground and fell on my bum. I looked at the person who was following me. I couldn't see his face properly but I knew he was danger. I screamed loudly...