The Secret 2- Part 39

I sat down on the bench next to Aiden. He was texting someone again but I was guessing it was Isabella. I stared at the blue sky and heard him laugh as he read his text. 'Who are you texting?' I smiled. He looked at me and said, 'Just a certain girl. Why?' 'Oh.. Nothing. I was just wondering. Is this girl Isabella?' I raised my eyebrow. He looked back at his phone, 'Maybe.' He mumbled. I looked down on the floor and muttered, 'So you like her?' There was an awkward silence. 'Kinda.' He replied. I nodded my head and looked at him, texting on his phone. 'So, why won't you ask her out?' 'I haven't really thought about it yet. But I think I will soon.' He said, 'So how's your work?' I looked away from him, 'Yeah, it's Ok. Everyone's really nice to me.' 'So you see Isabella? How are you guys getting on? She's lovely isn't she? She told me you guys are really good friends.' He smiled. I looked back at him and smiled back, 'Yeah... she's really nice to me.' I lied. What?! So what? Ok.. I lied, but who cares? If I told him that Isabella is a bad cookie, we'd probably get in a fight again. And.. I don't want him to loose Isabella because of me. 'Are.. Are..you.. do-' 'What?!' He laughed. 'Um.. I was just wondering if you were doing anything today.' I smiled. 'Um.. Yeah.. Sorry.. I'm going into town with Isabella today.' He smiled. 'Oh.. Ha-ha.' I faked a laugh, 'It's ok. I think I have a lot of homework anyway. Maybe next time?' I faked a smile and got up from the bench. I walked back in to our house.