The Secret 2- Part 61

I looked at the time. It was 3am. I only had a few hours left before the sun comes up. I changed my pyjamas into my day clothes and slowly packed my bags. I stared at the other maids on their bunk beds, they were all so lucky that no one hated them as much as Isabella hates me. I sighed and got up from my bunk bed. I quietly crept out with my bag closing the door behind me. I was finally ready to go, but not yet. My birthday present for the Queen. I still haven't given it to her. I walked through the corridors that lead to the Queen's room. I slowly opened the door and crept in. I placed the box down on the lamp table beside her. As I was about to walk off, the Queen muttered, 'What are you still doing here, Maria? It's morning, you should be out.' 'Erm.. I.. I heard it was your birthday next week, so I got you a present and since I won't be here next week, I thought I'd give it to you now.' I smiled. 'Put it in the bin, I don't want it.' She mumbled as she tossed to her side. There was a moment of silence. I walked up to the table and grabbed the present. I placed it on top of her desk next to the saphire necklace. 'Well.. if you change your mind.' I said. I walked off and left the house. When I arrived to my house, my Dad opened the door. 'Maria? What are you doing here?!' He asked. Tears flooded my eyes as I gave him a big hug. 'Have they told you?' He asked. 'Yeah, they told me.' I said. 'I can't believe it was all an act! The Queen has changed so much.' 'So you don't want to stay with the Queen, you want to stay with us?' He raised his eyebrow. 'Yeah! Definitely!' I said.