The Secret 2- Part 67

I sat down on the bench next to the principals office. I placed my bag down next to me and waited for Austin. He was speaking to the principal about something. I don't know what it is about. I looked at my watch and it was 12:45pm. I stared at the rain pouring continuously outside. It tapped rapidly upon the school's roof and I saw water droplets running down the window. The door suddenly opened. Austin walked out from the room. As he was about to walk off to the corridor, I quickly stood up and shouted, 'Austin!' He stopped walking and turned around. He rolled his eyes at me and carried on walking. I ran up in front of him and stopped him. 'What do you want, Maria?' He snapped. 'I.. I just want to know why you're ignoring me.' I said. 'I'm not ignoring you, Maria.' 'You clearly are. I heard your conversation in the canteen.' 'You heard all of it?' He said. 'Yeah, bro' I laughed, 'I heard all of it, man!' I impersonated him. He started smiling. 'It was all a joke. I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about, Isabella.' He lied. I'm not trying to be modest or anything but I definitely heard him say 'Maria' not 'Isabella'. I started laughing, 'I can tell you're lying.' 'Well I'm not!' He snapped. He started walking off. 'Well since you're ignoring me, you wouldn't care that..' I said, he stopped walking and listened to me. 'That.. that.. that I love you.' I whispered. He didn't turn around and I wasn't sure if he heard the 'I love you' part. I just frowned and turned around. I was about to walk off when Austin said, 'Maria?'