The Secret 2- Part 34

'This is your uniform.' The head of the maids handed me a pile of clothes that I had to wear for the job. It was a bl@ck dress that was up to my knees with a small apron which covered the bottom bit of the dress. I also had to wear this white hat. 'Thank you.' I muttered as I grabbed the clothes. 'Come with me.' She said. She was quite old maybe around her late thirties. She scared me, she never smiled at me once. I slowly followed her as we walked passed a long corridor leading to the maids toilets. 'Put your uniform on!' She yelled. I quickly walked in to the toilets and placed my uniform on. I stared at myself in the mirror. 'You can do this, Maria!' I whispered to myself. 'Hurry up!!!' The maid yelled. 'I.. I'm coming!' I said. I quickly placed my clothes in a plastic bag and placed it under the sink. I opened the toilet door and we walked through the corridor again leading to the kitchen where we cook meals for the royal family. The room was full of chefs and servants preparing lunch. It smelt really nice. 'Here you will help prepare the food. Do you understand?!' She said. I walked up to one of the maids and said, 'Hey, I'm Maria.' I shook her hand and she smiled back at me. 'Maria!!' The head of the maids snapped. She looked furious. I quickly followed her and closed the door behind me. 'I don't have time for your non-sense.' She glared at me. 'I'm sorry.' I mumbled. We walked to the living room. It was massive! It was bigger than our house all together. The room was bright with chandeliers glistening on the ceiling. The furnitures were massive and looked very expensive. I walked up to one of the sofas. 'Here you will clean the living room every morning and afternoon. Do you understand.' I nodded my head and felt the texture of the sofa. I ran my finger on the sofa and looked at my finger. Not a single dust. 'The Queen HATES dirt. If she sees one spot of dirt, you'll be fired straight away.' She explained. I nodded my head. 'The Queen wants to talk to you. She will explain the rest of her expectations with you.' She said. We walked up the stairs going through another corridor leading to the Queen's room. The maid slowly knocked on the door until she heard the Queen say, 'Come in.' We both walked in. The maid curtsied as she walked in. I was confused but managed to copy what she was doing. The Queen was sat on the window seal. Her mysterious beauty shocked me. She was more beautiful in person than in magazines and newspapers. Her pale-pinkish skin was glowing as the sun streaked in to the room. Her blonde hair was curled up into a bun with strands of curls by the sides of her face. Her crown was delicately arranged upon her curls. Her brown eyes glistened like stars as she looked out her window. Her beautiful dress was white with gold sequins decorating the expensive dress. 'Your majesty, the new maid is here.' The maid said. The Queen was silent. It was like she didn't hear her at all. The maid took a big step backwards. I didn't know what was happening. I looked back at the maid and gave her a 'What the cookie am I suppose to do?' But she just rolled her eyes at me. The queen slowly moved her head to face me. Her face glew like the sun as she elegantly moved her body to my direction. She raised her eyebrow at me and whispered to herself, 'Amelia?!' Within seconds she quickly ran up to me and gave me a quick hug. 'Amelia!!!' She cried. Her pearl tears ran down my back. What the cookie was going on?!