The Secret 2- Part 33

I grabbed my bag from the sofa and as I was about to walk out the house I noticed Dad and Lauren talking about something very important. I hid behind the house door and listened to their conversation. 'We're low on money, Lauren.' Dad sighed. 'I know. What shall we do?' Lauren asked. Dad works in a bakery shop and Lauren works in a small office. But, because Aiden and I both go to school most of the money they get is usually paid for our school fees. 'Maybe Maria should stop school for a bit.' Dad mumbled. 'Are you joking?! Maria isn't stopping her school. She is continuing no matter what happens. Maybe it's time to find another job. At night, maybe?' She suggested. 'Hmm..' Dad agreed. I sighed as I walked out the back door to avoid seeing them. I slowly walked to school thinking about their conversation. What shall I do to help them? Shall I stop school or not?! Is there any other way I could do to help? As I walked through the entrance of the school, I heard a voice shout my name from behind me. 'Maria!' I looked around and realised it was Austin. I waited for him to catch up with me. 'Hey.' I faked a smile. 'Hey, how are you?' He smiled. 'Ok.' I looked at the ground and avoided making eye contact. 'What's wrong, Maria?' He raised his eyebrow. I led him to a bench and we both sat down. 'Austin, I need a job. But I don't know where to get work from.' I muttered. 'Oh.' He said. 'Don't worry. I'll do something. Just leave it to me.' He winked. I laughed.