The Secret 2- Part 18

*Austin's P.O.V*

'I heard what your Dad did, Austin.' Isabella sulked.

'I'm fine.' I mumbled as I avoided making eye contact with her.

'Austin, you really should tell someone.'

'No!' I snapped.

Her eyes went big and I could see the fright in her eyes. 'I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shout at you. I just.... I just don't want anyone to know.'

There was an awkward silence as Isabella glared at the floor. I placed my arm over her shoulder and smiled at her.

'Isabella, you're my best friend and I trust you. Please promise me you won't tell.'

She sighed and grunted, 'Fine! Anything for you Austin.'

She grinned as she placed her arm on my cheek. I felt uncomfortable and shrugged.

'So what's your plan with this Maria girl?' She asked.

'Well, I'm going to do what my dad told me. I'm not going to give up until we're ok.' I muttered.

'Austin, what's in Maria you see? You've done pranks to nearly everyone in this school and you didn't even say a single sorry to any of them.'

'As I've said, it wasn't me who threw the pie at her and I want her to believe me.' I said.

'Are you sure that's it? There's other girls out there who are desperate to be with you.' She smiled placing her arm on my shoulder.

I felt uncomfortable again.

'Of course that's it. I don't have feelings for her. I just want her to forgive me.' I smiled.