The Secret 2- Part 56

I sat down on the field on my own and ate my sandwich. Austin and I usually meet on the field after class but for some reason he was late. I checked the time and frowned. He was thirty minutes late. I had already finished my lunch. I took a quick drink of water then laid down on the grass. I stared at the people around me all sitting in small groups. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the sun. The warm breeze blew upon my face. I sighed as I opened my eyes and checked the time. We only had ten minutes left until the bell goes. I got up and grabbed my bag. On the way I shoved my litter in the rubbish bin. I walked inside through the corridors. I sat down on the benches near the lockers and placed my bag next to me. I looked on the floor. Austin has been ignoring me for the past three days. Every time I try and talk to him, he always has an excuse that he's busy or that he's not in a mood to talk. I don't know why! But I want to know what's going on. I really miss him and he means a lot to me. I don't even know how I feel about him but these past few days of him ignoring me, I've realised that I NEED him in my life. He's the only friend I have and I've started developing feelings for him. It's hard to admit but I think I'm falling for him. I sighed again as a couple walked past me. I really miss him! I looked in my bag for my water bottle so I could have a drink but at the corner of my eye, I saw Austin walk past me. 'Austin!' I yelled. He turned around and shook his head. He frowned at me then started walking again. I quickly got up from my seat and ran up to him. 'Austin!' I yelled again. He stopped walking and faced me. 'What the hell do you want, Maria?!' He snapped. 'I just want to know what's going on. Why are you ignoring me?!' I asked. 'Do you want to know the truth? Because I'm sick of pretending.' I slowly nodded my head. 'Maria, it was all an act! I never liked you.' He shouted. 'What?! No! You're lying.' I yelled. 'No I'm not! My dad wanted me to be friends with you and now that you think I am, it's time for me to tell you the truth. I lied to you, Maria.' He laughed. 'No your not!' I felt my eyes going watery, 'You can't do that to me! You can't leave me!' 'Why not?' He raised his eyebrow. 'You're the only friend I have and I lo-' I stopped. 'What?! You what?!' I avoided making eye contact with him. 'I don't want you to leave me because you're important to me.' I said. He just laughed, 'Well looks like you're wrong about me.' He walked off.