The Secret 2- Part 43

I knocked on the door of the Queen's room. I waited until she said, 'Come in!' I slowly opened the door and walked in. I curtsied and smiled at the Queen. 'Your majesty, Susan told me you wanted to talk to me.' The Queen smiled back at me. She got up and elegantly walked up to me. 'You're such a nice girl, Maria. I'd like to meet the people who raised you.' She said as she placed her hand on my shoulder. 'I'd like to meet your Mom and Dad, Maria. I'd like to invite them over for dinner tomorrow.' She smiled again. I looked at the floor and mumbled, 'I don't have a Mum.' 'What?!' She raised her eyebrow. She grabbed my hand and led me to the sofa. We both sat down and she held my hand. 'My mum...' I felt a tear drop down to my cheek. 'She passed away when she was giving birth to me and my twin.' I wiped the tear that dropped down to my cheek. 'Maria, I'm sorry. I didn't know.' She frowned as she gave me a quick hug. 'So where's your twin?!' 'She died too. I was the only one who survived.' I muttered. 'Maria, I'm so sorry!' I got up from the sofa and smiled, 'It's Ok, your majesty.' I quickly wiped the tears and said, 'Dad, Lauren and Aiden would love to meet you and your family.' I smiled one last time and walked off, slowly closing the door behind me.'