The Secret 2- Part 19

'You will need to work in pairs to solve these math problems. I suggest you work with the person you are sat next to.' Miss Rose smiled.

I looked to my right and saw Austin sat next to me. I frowned at him. I can't believe I will be spending a whole hour trying to work out math problems with Austin! He moved his chair and desk closer to mine and smiled at me.

'I'm glad we're working together, Maria.' He said.

I ignored him and listened to Miss Rose.

'So do you understand Algebra because I really don't get it.' He whispered.

I raised my eye brow at him and rolled my eyes. He moved closer to me and I smelt his deodorant. It was familiar and I think it was lynx. I moved a little bit away from him and shrugged.

'You're so pretty, Maria.' He smiled.

I looked back at him and stared at his eyes. I saw Steve's eyes. I felt my eyes becoming watery. I felt a tear drop down to my cheek. Austin reminded me so much of Steve. They have the same deodorant, same personality and almost the same features. Except from the eyes and hair. Austin wiped the tear from my cheek and said,

'Maria, what's wrong?'

'Nothing.' I muttered.

'Please tell me.'

'I'm fine.'

I wiped the running tear on my cheek. I was not going to tell him about Steve and how he reminded me so much of him. He hugged me.

'Maria, I'm sorry. Please forgive me.' He pleaded.

I shrugged and said, 'I had a rocky start with this boy in my old school. I trusted him but he broke my trust for him.' I cried. 'How can you prove to me that I can trust you?'

I looked at him straight in the eyes. He just stared back at me. I grabbed my bags and walked off to the restroom.