[51] Porridge

Now that I think about it, his temperature since last night was kinda off. Has it been since then? I sighed staring at his sleeping figure longingly. I noticed him shivering and I tried to stand up to go and get more blankets that I could use to warm him up, but even before I could manage to, I felt a tug on the hem of my shirt, and I turned to look at what caused it.

With heavy lidded eyes, Jongin was peering back at me, weak fingers clutching tightly as best as he could not letting go, as he mumbled faintly, "Don't go..." I scoffed teasingly grabbing the hand gripping at my shirt and interlaced it with mine. He's still burning. 

"I'm not going baby. I'm just going to get some blankets to warm you up more, you're shivering nonstop," I explained rubbing the back of his hand with my other free hand. My heart hammered wildly when I felt his grip tightened indicating that he has no intention to let go.

"I don't need blankets. I only need you." And those words were enough to make me shut up and exhaled deeply shaking my head, because of him being all chessy and stuff.

"That's so uncalled for," I sneered, "are you sure you don't need anything?" I asked and I saw how he opened his mouth slightly for a moment, hesitating to say whatever he wanted to say, and he managed to mumble softly, but clear enough to be understood, "you... just... you..." I was stunned for a moment. This guy seriously never fails to amaze me. How can he still act so freakin' sexy and adorable even though he's sick? He looks so fragile, weak and all. And aren't sick people supposed to look wasted and disgustingly unattractive or whatnot, but why is this guy looking the exact opposite of all those? He's seriously defying the norm.

"If it wasn't for that kiss, you couldn't have caught this you know," Tone of disappointment evident on my voice and I can't help it as I hang my head low, and gaze back at him. Even though he's feeling all weak, he still managed to offer a smile back, and I gasped when he suddenly hauled me towards him, so I ended up on top of him our faces were few inches away from each other, feets dangling at the side of his bed.

"And I told you right after you said it, I don't care if I caught it as long as it came from you," and my face heated up, blushing profuriously in front of him. Am I catching the cold again? I internally groaned.

"Is that why you woke up in the middle of the night last night? and you left early this morning without me..." And I saw him pout and I had to giggle at the sight, leaning my head at the back of my hand pressed on top of his chest.

"I just don't want you to feel guilty about it, I thought you'd get mad at me, that's why the only solution I'd come up with is to stay away from you," he murmured almost whispering and I hissed at him sitting up, "Of course I'd get mad after you'd left without a word earlier today, but if you hadn't done so and you'd just been honest I wouldn't have, and I'd never will, but not because of you being sick alright? I know you don't want me to get worried, but this kind of thing? you have to tell me alright? not just this... but everything that worries you. And when I say everything, I mean everything, everything that involves the two of us. Can you promise me that? Jongin?" Instead of answering back he pulled me into him once again trapping me in his arms, my head rested at the corner between his jaw and shoulder, and I can feel the heat emanating from his body, although suffocating I pressed my head even more at the nook of his neck, pressing my lips into his burning skin and I felt him stiffened, and a smile automatically drew on my face.

"I promise..." turning his head towards me, and our lips met in a chaste kiss, "Hyunjae-ah..." and I hummed in response tugging his fringe aside, "Can you be my blanket?" and I was stunned for a second a bit confused at what he was asking for, finally understanding what he meant so I nodded.

I crawled on top of him, pinning him, the blanket in between us. I saw how he frowned and I looked at him confused, "What? I thought you want me to be your blanket?"