Chapter 14

So there's a lot of POV shifts within the chapter. Sorry!

***Josh's POV

There was a sudden weird shift in our group dynamic. I don’t really know why but out of nowhere, Emma started to cling to Mike and he let her. If anything, he fed into it. What the hell was going on? Sure, she still hung out with me and called me her best friend, but what the hell brought on her sudden fondness of Mike? Is that her “type?” I don’t even know what that means. Did she even have one?

“Josh? Josh? You ok, man?” Matt was waving his hand in front of my face.

“Hm what?” I asked as I snapped back into reality.

“You ok?” he repeated.

“Oh.” I rubbed my eyes. “Yeah. You know, the usual. Barely slept last night.”

Matt shrugged and walked away to the couch on the other side of the room. Matt popped open a can of soda and asked, “So do you know what’s going on between Emma and Mike?”

I felt my body tense up but tried not to let it show. I casually said, “No. What do you mean?”

Matt gave me a look, “Come on, you can’t tell me that you haven’t noticed that they’re like glued at the hip lately. I figured since you and Emma were so close that maybe you knew something.”

Once he said that I realized that I’ve actually barely gotten to spend any time with Emma since her sudden liking of Mike came about. Did she replace me?

“Nah, man. I haven’t heard anything about it. Maybe I should ask her about it next time we hang out.”

Matt nodded and started watching TV, “Sounds good.”

***Emma's POV

Did you say “please just follow me?”

I thought you wanted me

Cause I want you all to myself

“Hey!” I smiled. Even though I knew he couldn’t see me, his voice made me smile.

“Hey.” He said back, I thought I heard a smile too.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“I just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out with me tonight?”

I don’t know why hearing this still continued to shock me.

“Em?” he asked.

Oh right! I still haven’t answered!

“Yeah sure!” I said enthusiastically. “When and where?”

“How about I come over and we can figure something out from there?”

“Uh…” I said looking around.

Should I tell him where I am? Why not? I mean, I hang out with all the guys.

“Sure.” I finally said. “I’m at Mike’s right now.”

“Oh.” Did he just stop smiling? Is there something wrong with Mike? “Ok. I’ll be over in a bit then.”

“Ok!” I smiled.

I stood up from the couch and turned off the TV.

“Was that Josh?” Mike asked from the kitchen.

“Yeah, he’s coming over. I’m going to go change.” I called back as I walked to my room from the couch.

Mike invested in a two bedroom apartment since the guys would all crash at each other’s places randomly. It definitely helped with my move into his place and made it less awkward. Nothing against Mike, but I don’t want people thinking anything of it. Especially Josh.