Chapter 50

***Emma’s POV

Katie was doing a great job at throwing together a small wedding and reception. It had only been about three weeks since she moved in and she finally decided on a place to order flowers from. Since it was around work, she asked if I could drop by with her order while she spent the day with Mike before the guys went on tour for about three weeks.

I was fine with doing things like this for Katie considering I was around town more often than she was. I would much rather physically go to a store to order something rather than trying to do it over the phone. Since I opened in the morning, I got off work at a pretty reasonable time and Opal was nice enough to let me out a little early since we were kind of dead.

The little shop she chose seemed to also be having kind of a slow day too. There was only a handful of people in the store when I walked in. I began hunting for Katie’s written list in my bag as I approached the lady at the counter.

“Hi, how are you doing today?” she smiled at me as I neared.

“I’m fantastic! How about yourself?” I smiled back at her.

“Pretty good. What can I do for you today?” she asked.

I finally unearthed Katie’s list as I said, “I’m here for a friend. She called earlier about me using her card.”

The lady pulled out a binder from under the register.

“Alrighty, what’s the name of your friend?” she asked as she flipped through the book.

“Katie Lewis. Or Katie Ayley. I know she’s getting excited about the name change.” I giggled.

The girl’s face lit up with a smile, “Oh I know exactly who you’re talking about! She gave both names too just in case for you!”

I laughed, “That’s Katie for you.”

“Can I see an ID so I can make sure you’re the same person she’s talking about?” she asked.

“Of course!” I said as I handed over my drivers license.

“Do you have her order with you?” she asked as she put the binder away and handed my license back.

“Yes, I do.” I smiled as I handed her the list.

She quickly scanned the list and smiled at me, “This sounds pretty. Let me go check to make sure we have all that she’s looking for.”

“Sounds great.” I smiled as she went off to hunt down all the types of flowers Katie thought of.

“Emma?”

No!

I whirled around to see Brad walking towards me. Where the heck does he keep coming from?