Chapter 62

***Emma’s POV

“Hon, I’m not due for another three months, I think you’re good.” Katie laughed.

“Just take care of yourself, ok? We already have a back up bassist lined up just in case.” Mike said.

“I’ll be fine.” She reassured him.

The guys were leaving for their three month tour today. I think it was actually only about two and a half months but we all just kind of rounded it off. Mike and Katie got back just a couple of days before Mike had to leave again.

She always handles this so much better than I do. I suppose it kind of makes sense because her relationship with Mike has always revolved around distance. It’s just a bit embarrassing when I’m getting more emotional saying bye to my boyfriend than my six months pregnant friend is saying bye to her husband.

Her husband. That’s a weird thought. Katie is a wife. Just another reminder that we’re getting older.

The guys just finished loading everything into the bus so now it was time for the final goodbyes before they had to drive away. They almost formed a line to hug us bye. Ian was first.

“Bye, Katie.” He said while hugging her. He then bent down so he was at level with her stomach and said, “Bye, baby Ayley!”

Katie laughed as she put a hand over her baby bump, “We’ll miss you, Ian.”

Ian smiled as he turned to me, “Bye, Emma. When you come to our nearby shows, you should bring home cooked meals with you.”

I laughed as I hugged him back, “Anything for you, Ian.”

“Yes!” he cheered as Matt hugged Katie bye.

Matt stepped back and looked at her stomach, “See you later, kid.”

I laughed as he walked over to hug me. Matt actually started hanging out with Josh and I more after I took him out about a week ago. It’ll be weird not having him relaxing in my living room. I mean Josh’s living room. That was weird.

“Don’t have too much fun without us.” Matt said as he hugged me.

“I won’t.” I giggled.

Mike came up to me to say bye as Josh said bye to Katie.

“You’ll take care of her, right?” Mike asked.

“Oh yeah, definitely. I’ve got tons of alcohol and parties planned for while you’re away.” I said and Matt chuckled.

Mike cracked a smile before he gave me a bear hug, “Thank you, Emma.”

Mike went back over to his wife while Ian and Matt climbed into the bus. I got on my tip toes to wrap my arms around Josh’s neck when he came over to me.

“Don’t let Brett or Matt get you into too much trouble, ok?” I said.

Josh smiled, “We’ll be fine. I’m sure they’ll just hang out with the other bands.”

“I’m going to miss you so much.” I said before I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my face in his chest.

I felt his arms wrap around me, “I’m going to miss you too. We’ll still see each other during the close shows though and I’ll talk to you whenever I can.”

“Don’t do it too much, I still want you to enjoy the tour.” I smiled up at him.

He shook his head with a grin, “You’re amazing, you know that?”

“I try.” I shrugged before I giggled.

“I love you.” he said as he pulled me in for a kiss.