Chapter 46

***Josh’s POV

Somehow Mike and Katie’s engagement and pregnancy changed our group dynamic and my relationship with Emma. Well, at least in my opinion it did. Maybe I was just imagining that she looked at me a little differently. I think she was just still really happy for Mike and Katie because they were her closest friends. Emma was just like that, if her friends were really excited about something, she was genuinely excited for them too.

Mike asked Katie to move in with them because he didn’t want her being pregnant by herself back home. She didn’t hesitate to say yes, which is good because things could’ve been awkward if she had.

It was only a couple of days ago when we found everything out. Mike got plane tickets for them to go back to Texas so they could tell her family and he could help her pack (since apparently they’ve already met Mike before). Katie wasn’t even showing yet and Mike didn’t let her do anything remotely close to work. He was lugging her suitcase around and had a duffle bag around his shoulder with his stuff in it.

“Mike definitely knows how to take care of a girl.” Emma said with her arm around me as we watched Mike and Katie walk into the airport.

“You think so? You don’t think it’s a bit much?” I asked as I looked down at her.

She shrugged, “Yeah that kind of hovering would drive me crazy but Katie secretly enjoys it. It’s a sweet thought though.”

“So since Mike and Katie are going to be gone for a week,” I started as we headed back to my car. “Mind if I stay with you?”

She giggled, “You’d stay regardless.”

I smiled, “True. I still like to ask sometimes to make you think you have a choice. It’s nice to hear you choose to have me around.”

“Of course I want you around.” She said as she nudged me with her shoulder.

“This will be the longest we’ve ever spent alone in the apartment together.” I realized.

“Don’t think since that’s the case that you’ll get lucky.” She scrunched her nose at me.

I laughed, “I wasn’t even thinking that! Jeez, dirty girl. Just say you want my body and be done with it.”

She laughed and covered her face, “Josh! Did you really turn that on me?”

“Turn it on you? Or turn you on?” I winked.

She removed my arm from around her shoulders and pushed me away while trying not to laugh. I rushed over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist and picked her up as she let out a giggling scream.

“Put me down!” she giggled as she hit my hands.

I laughed and threw her over my shoulder, “Make me!”

“Josh!” she tried to whine but just laughed.

“Emma? Emma? Where are you?” I asked as I spun in circles. “I hear your voice but I can’t see you!”

“Ramsay! Let me down!” she laughed.

I set her down and put my arms around her waist to stable her. She giggled and I leaned down to kiss her.

“You’re such a butt sometimes.” she smiled when she pulled away.

I smiled smugly at her, “You like it.”

“It’s definitely entertaining sometimes.” she giggled as she kissed me again.

When we broke apart, I took her by the hand and we went back to my car.