Chapter 66

***Emma’s POV

We couldn’t stop smiling the entire ride back to Mike’s apartment. We’d every now and then just look at each other and smile but I would always look away to blush. Josh held my hand as we drove, I felt his fingers playing with the new ring on my hand and I couldn’t help but steal glances at it. I can’t believe it.

I’m marrying Josh Ramsay.

I couldn’t get that out of my hand. I hadn’t even called my parents because I couldn’t believe it. Josh turned off the car and smiled at me.

“You ready?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I beamed at him.

Once we got out the car, he led me to the stairs and we made our way up to Mike and Katie’s apartment. I started rummaging through my bag for my keys once we got to the right floor and Josh chuckled at me once he noticed my hands were slightly shaking when I found them.

“What are you so nervous about?” he said as he pulled me close to him for a quick kiss on the cheek.

“I’m really excited but I’m still in shock I guess.” I said as I looked down at the ring on my left hand.

“I still can’t believe you said yes.” He said, causing me to look up at his dazzling smile.

We shared a quick kiss before I unlocked the door and we walked in. Everyone was piled in the living room in front of the TV but all eyes were on us as soon as we stepped in the door.

We were greeted by an overwhelming amount of people trying to say “hey, how was it” all at once.

“Hey guys!” I smiled at them casually as I set my bag down by the door.

Katie sat up and asked, “So did anything exciting happen?”

“Well, it was the Foo Fighters so that in itself was exciting.” Josh butted in as he took off his leather jacket.

Katie rolled her eyes, “What did you think, Em?”

“It was fantastic!” I said, playing along with Josh’s casual nature.

We both knew I had been through this conversation so many times before but it was finally making sense.

“We got some great shots and videos from the show.” I smiled at Josh. “Right, babe?”

“That’s it?” Katie asked, now sounding slightly disappointed.

“Pretty much,” I shrugged as Josh helped me take off my coat. I then snapped my fingers as if I just remembered something, “Oh right! And I got engaged.”

“You what?” Katie shrieked as the room exploded.

Everyone hopped off the couch and rushed over to us to flood us with questions.

“Let me see!” Katie said while grabbing for my hand to admire my new piece of jewelry.

“Finally! We were starting to think you weren’t going to do it.” Matt smirked at his best friend.

There were a lot of hugs and “congratulations” before Katie grabbed my hand.

“C’mere, I have to show you something!” Katie whispered excitedly in my ear.

“Oh no. Should I be worried?” I asked as she began to tug at my arm.

“No, you should be flattered and excited.” Katie smiled.

“Hey! You can’t steal her already! She just got here!” Josh called out to Katie.

“She’ll be right back!” Katie said.