Chapter 52

***Emma’s POV

The wake up alarm on Josh’s phone went off too soon, not that we were really sleeping anyways. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up later next to Josh in his bed. I snuggled up closer to him and we stayed like that all night.

Josh groaned as he grabbed his phone to turn it off before tossing it back on the dresser and turning to face me. He began to lightly stroke my hair and I sighed.

“Do you really have to go?” I pouted with a sleepy voice.

A small smile crept across his tired face and I just buried my face in his chest. I didn’t want to move from his bed. This was just too perfect this way. I was going to miss waking up to his arms wrapped around me. I was going to miss the warmth his body created next to me in the sheets. I was going to miss being able to roll over and take in the smell of him. He was just pure comfort.

Reluctantly we made it out of his bed and I helped him get the rest of his stuff together. There weren’t many words this morning. There were just a lot of long hugs and random kisses. What said we loved and missed each other more than that?

He held my hand as he drove my car to the studio. It made more sense for us to travel together so his car wouldn’t be left at the studio while he was gone. Their tour bus was already there when we pulled into the parking lot. It looked like Mike had just gotten there minutes before us because he was still unloading his stuff. Matt and Ian were standing around with coffee in their hands while Katie held a bottle of orange juice. Mike made her give up coffee because of the caffeine.

Josh popped the trunk open before we got out the car. I grabbed one of his bags as he grabbed his suitcase. We automatically joined our free hands together as we headed towards the bus. I’m aware I’m a bit biased but I felt like we were probably the most upset about leaving. Mike and Katie were kind of used to his by now but they also had a baby on the way. I guess seeing me made Matt pity us some. He walked over and grabbed Josh’s stuff from us.

“I’ll go ahead and put your stuff on the bus.” He said as he lugged it away.

I turned to look at Josh and suddenly felt a lump growing in my throat along with moisture building in my eyes. I didn’t realize how much Josh leaving was going to affect me. We’ve spent a couple of days apart for shows here and there but never anything longer than a week (like the time we broke up). I knew I’d miss him but I didn’t think I’d cry.

 Dang. I look like a wuss.

“Alright guys, time to say your goodbyes!” Their tour manager called out as he headed inside the bus.

“Emma!” Ian bellowed as he walked towards me to embrace me. “I’ll miss you. Are you going to cook us a welcome home meal?”

I couldn’t help but let out a small laugh as I pulled away from him to wipe my eyes, “Of course, Ian. I’ll even make an extra bit for you to take home.”

“Yes!” he said and smiled at Josh. “I knew she was a keeper.”

I let out another weak laugh as he walked away. Matt had come off the bus and gave me a hug.

“Don’t do anything dumb, Em. We can’t afford to have Josh upset for three weeks.” He said as he smirked at Josh.

Josh didn’t respond and Matt left. Mike came by my side and put his hand on my shoulder.

“Aw, Em, don’t cry. We’ll be back soon enough. Take care of Katie for me, will you?” he asked before he pulled me into a big bear hug that only made me cry more.

He laughed a little at me before he messed up my hair and headed back over to Katie. Josh finally stepped closer to me and placed his hands on my waist as I tried recovering from saying bye to the other guys. He smirked a little and caressed my face with his hand.