Chapter 32

***Emma’s POV

Josh eventually decided we needed to go home because he didn’t want me drinking anymore. I honestly didn’t think I was even drunk. Everyone was just so funny but whatever.

He had me sit shotgun on the way home so he could hold my hand while driving. I rested against the back of the seat and just admired him. I wanted to tell him I loved him and have since I first discovered him.

Ok. Maybe that was because of the alcohol.

It seemed right though. I mean, I was freakin holding the hand of my celebrity crush because he was my boyfriend now.

I giggled at the thought; that made Josh look over at me and just smile. I’m not sure why but he loves when I just giggle to myself. He always wants to know what’s going on in my head but we both agreed it’s probably best if he doesn’t always know what I’m thinking. I tried sharing before but he didn’t find things quite as funny as I did. Oh well. His loss.

“Well this was fun.” Jessica said once we parked outside the apartment. “We should do this again.”

“What? You’re leaving?” I asked as I went over to hug her. I don’t know why people found this funny; I was upset she was leaving us.

“Yes,” She laughed as she hugged me. “I have work today. I’ll text you later, ok?”

“Ok.” I pouted as Josh took me by the hand.

“Come on, Em. Let’s get you inside.” He chuckled a little.

I wrapped my arms around his waist, “But why? The guys are still outside! Can I stay outside?”

I looked back and saw everyone saying bye to Jessica but Josh kept walking towards the apartment.

“Hey, let’s just go lay in your bed.” Josh said as he opened the front door.

I giggled, “But it’s not night time yet.”

Josh smiled, “I know. I just want to lay in your bed and want you to join me.” He began to lead me to my room. “We don’t have to go to sleep. We don’t have to do anything except lay there.”

I giggled and followed him to my room. As soon as I walked into my room, I plopped down on the bed and he chuckled as he closed the door. He joined me on the bed and immediately pulled me close to him. It was weird. I wasn’t blushing or getting nervous about any of this. I snuggled up against his chest and soon enough, I was sleeping.

I woke up to Josh holding me in his sleep. I wonder how long I’ve been out?

I was extremely conflicted, should I wake Josh up or should I try to let him sleep while I sneak out my room?

I decided to just soak in the moment. He looked so peaceful. It was weird thinking he was sleeping in my bed. I don’t really know why that’s weird; I mean I’ve slept in the same bed as Jake before. This should be no big deal.

It should be.

I blushed a little at the thought. I sat up a little and rested my head on his chest. I heard him take in a deep breath as he began to wake up. I smiled at him when he finally opened his eyes.

“Hey there, sleeping beauty.” I grinned.

He gave me a tired laugh before he yawned.

“You sober now?” He asked in a raspy voice. Man I loved the sound of his voice after he’s just woken up.

So that was his plan! Made me nap off the last bit of alcohol!

I scrunched up my nose at him and he just chuckled.