Chapter 55

***Emma’s POV (about a week and a half later)

“Emma!” Katie called from Mike’s room.

“Coming!” I called out from the kitchen.

I had just opened the fridge to put some champagne bottles away that Matt had just dropped off. I had to move around quite a bit of food before I could make it fit though.

“Emma!” Katie called out again, sounding a bit impatient.

“I said I’m coming!” I yelled as I made my way out of the kitchen.

She was sitting in her robe in front of the mirror fumbling through her makeup bag.

“You need to chill out.” I said as I entered Mike’s room.

She ignored me, “Have you seen my eyelash curler?”

“You mean my eyelash curler you borrowed forever ago and never gave back?” I asked with a smirk before I headed for the bathroom.

Katie ignored me once again, “Yes. I can’t find it.”

“That’s probably because,” I said as I stepped back into the room. “I took it back finally.”

“Thanks!” she said while snatching it out of my hand.

I was getting used to this side of her. I walked up behind her and placed my hands on her shoulders.

“You really need to take a breath and calm down.” I smiled at her reflection.

She looked up briefly at me with a slightly annoyed look before she closed her eyes and took in a deep breath.

“Now let it out.” I breathed out with her.

She turned to face me and gave me a sympathetic smile, “Sorry, Em. I’m just really nervous.”

I giggled, “I know. It’s completely understandable. You only have your first wedding once.”

I heard a knock at the front door so I went to get it while Katie went back to trying to start her makeup. I opened the door to see Opal already in her Bridesmaid dress and bags in her hands.

“Hi, I’m sorry I’m running a little late.” She said as I let her in.

“It’s ok. Katie hasn’t completely lost it yet so you’re good.” I smiled as I closed the door.

“Where is she?” Opal asked as she placed all the bags on the counter except for one large suitcase looking one.

“She’s down the hall on the right. The door’s open.” I said as I began trying to sort out the bags into different categories.

I checked my phone. Dang it! Katie’s sisters should be here by now to pick this stuff up!

Katie’s family was already in town and was in charge of helping set up for the wedding ceremony and reception. My parents were helping them set up also. Mike’s parents were taking care of the food and cake. We were all kind of scattered about; the guys were at Josh’s and the girls were at Mike’s.

Since the wedding was a bit short notice and far away, a lot of Katie’s friends and other family members couldn’t make it so Mike and her were going to have to make a stop in Texas before going on their honeymoon. It was going to be a small wedding but I think that was best for Katie. If a lot of people were there, she’d be tempted to party and that’s not something we’re wanting considering she’s pregnant.

I went to Katie’s room to check on her and saw Opal had opened the suitcase up to reveal a lot of makeup and hair products. Opal once went to school for cosmetology but never kept up with her license for it. She was the one that did my makeup and hair when I went on my dinner date with Josh, the band and a bunch of people from their label forever ago.