Chapter 47

***Emma’s POV

I thought I heard moving around when I was in the shower. When I was finished, I walked into the living room and let out a little squeal.

“Katie!” I said as I rushed over to her on the couch.

“Hey!” she giggled as she hugged me.

“I missed you!” I smiled at her. “How was telling everyone?”

“It went well.” She smiled. “My parents love Mike so they’re absolutely thrilled. It’ll be their first grandchild.”

Josh suddenly stood up, “I’m going to help Mike unpack.”

“Um ok.” I said kind of confused as he hurried to Mike’s room.

I looked at Katie and she just shrugged. What a weirdo.

“Anyway,” I said while turning my focus back on Katie. “So what are you going to do about the wedding?”

Katie’s face lit up, “Actually, I was hoping you could help me with that.”

I cocked my head to the side a little, “Really?”

“Well, duh!” Katie grabbed my hand. “You’re my maid of honor! You need to help me with these things!”

A smile slowly crept across my face.

“You want me to be your maid of honor? Really?”

Katie smiled really big, “Of course! Who else would I ever have to do it? Jake would look terrible in a dress.”

“That is true.” I laughed.

“So what do you say? Want to go out to dinner later or something and help me start planning some stuff?” Katie asked with eager eyes.

“Sure!” I beamed. “I’m not sure how helpful I can be but I’d love to!”

Katie and I spent the next couple of hours just talking and hanging out while Mike and Josh stayed in Mike’s room. Every now and then they’d come out to bring some boxes up but otherwise they remained scarce. It was really weird but I didn’t mind the time with Katie even though we were going to be seeing each other all the time now.

Eventually Mike poked his head into the living room.

“Hey, Katie! Come see what we did to the place!” he smiled.

Katie smiled at me, “Well, I’ll see you in a bit.”

She got up and Mike took her by the hand to lead her to the room. I heard her squeal as soon as she actually opened the door.

“Oh I love it!” she said and I just imagined her hugging Mike with a radiant smile.

I stood up from the couch to head to the kitchen and Josh walked out of Mike’s room with his hands in his pockets while looking down at his feet. I stopped where I was.

“Hey.” I said causing him to look up.

I smiled at him and he gave me a small smile back. I guess moving took a lot out of him.

I headed into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water from the fridge. When I returned to the living room Josh was leaning against the wall where I left him. I decided to walk over to him.

“What’s going on with you?” I asked while nudging him with my shoulder.

“What do you mean?” he asked while looking down at his feet.

“You seem so distant today. What are you thinking about?” I asked as I took a sip of my water.

“Sorry,” He apologized as he rubbed his eyes. “I’m just thinking about album stuff. We’re probably going to have to spend more time in the studio soon.”