Chapter 40

***Emma’s POV

Josh only bought a one way ticket because he didn’t know how long it would take to convince me to come back. Somehow Josh managed to book the same flight back to Vancouver (he said he used his good looks and charm but I think he just got lucky) so we both had a couple of days until we had to head home. I decided it was my turn to take him around and show him the city. I guess it was kind of a good thing he had to come here for me because I could show him everything I grew up seeing.

“We played here once but I didn’t get to see much besides the venue.” Josh said as we walked around downtown hand in hand.

“I know, I was there for that one.” I smiled up at him.

He thought about it for a bit and then smiled to himself, “Yeah, you’re right.”

***Flashback in Josh’s POV

It was November, how the hell was it so fucking hot? I looked around me and everyone was still wearing shorts and tank tops. This was ridiculous! I was thankful that my black skinny jeans at least had rips in them so my legs could breathe but man! This show was going to suck for us because it was so hot!

We were backing up the van so we could unload all of our equipment when a group of teenage girls walked by. They were extremely loud and giggly so I tried to ignore their not so sneaky attempt to take our pictures while we worked. It was nice to see we had some fans here considering we were so far from Canada and our stuff didn’t play on the radio here.

“Hey! Long time no see! Come here!” I heard Mike say loudly from inside. “Of course I recognize you!”

“I forgot we already knew we had at least one lone fan here.” Matt said.

“Do I not get a hug too?” I heard Ian say, followed by a girl giggling.

The doors weren’t supposed to open for another twenty minutes so I decided to see what all the commotion was about.

“Guys, we need to…” I trailed off when I saw a familiar face hugging Ian. “Texas!”

She blushed a little and giggled, “Canada!”

I smirked to myself, “Clever. Man! It’s good to see you again!”

I gave her a hug and pulled out my phone, “We have to let people know we’ve been reunited once again!”

“Except on my home turf.” Emma giggled.

“Exactly! We’ve switched places.” I snapped a picture with her. “Should we have you go on stage and sing for us while we watch you? If we’re switching things up?”

“No!” Emma said quickly with a laugh.

“Why not?” Mike asked with a smile.

“That’s like the worst idea in the world!” she said, still blushing a little.

“Come on, it can’t be that bad.” Ian chuckled.

“It can be and it is.” Emma laughed. “Like imagine a dying cat being put in a laundry machine.” She paused to let us take that lovely visual in. “Now you have an idea of what sounds better than me.”

We laughed and Matt said, “That’s a bit morbid, don’t you think?”

“Just trying to get you guys to understand just how bad I am.” She laughed.

Brett walked past us with our guitars in his hands, “Oh my gosh! It’s so hot and humid here!”

Emma just giggled but she didn’t look uncomfortable at all. Well, I guess that makes sense. She lives here, she’s used of it.