Chapter Fourty

Mr and Mrs Schitsad

I nervously wait behind Chris as he begins to unlock his door. Chewing on my bottom lip I look over to Chris who's body is stiff and tense.

I guess the usually response when people see their parents for the first time in months is excited. Chris is completely different. Showing little to no emotion except the stiffness in his body language.

Entering his house I hear muffling from the lounge. With Chris beside me, we walk together to be met by a man with brown hair similar to Chris's in his mid 50's man with stubble surrounding his chin wearing a grey suit and a beautiful brown eyed woman with black straight hair pulled to the back of her shoulders. She wearing a red blouse and a black pencil skirt.

I see where Chris gets his good looks from. Both of his parents look straight out of a movie. Smiling to greet them I now stand behind Chris who is standing In front of them not saying a word.

Finally, the silence broke. "What are you guys doing here?" I hear Chris' voice boom. Mr and Mrs Schistad look at one another in disbelief before looking back at their son.

"No, hi dad and mom I've missed you?" Mr Schitsad snared.

"Well, you're only here on holidays and last time I checked my birthday isn't for another week." He Spat causing Mrs Schitsad to roll her eyes.

"Christoffers, please. " she steps closer giving her son a soft smile. Chris emotions don't change instead he steps back not bothered by his mother's affection.

"Lilly, it's fine if our son wants to skip the warm welcome we'll go straight for the hard stuff." Mr Schitsad spoke and Chris walks over to his couch and plops himself on their not caring what his parents have to say . Pressing my lips together I debate whether to follow him or continue standing here as still as a possible trying not get noticed.

"While we are working hard to run a business in London we get a call from  school saying that our son got a week suspension for beating up some kid. " a loud exhale come out of Chris. I watch as he leans back on his couch unfazed by the anger that is growing in his father's eyes.

"Want to tell us why you were beating up a kid nearly half to death?" Mr Schitsad hissed stomping his way towards Chris.

Gulping I watch still. I'm not sure if his parents have even noticed me, I wouldn't be surprised if his father hasn't, because by the looks of it, he's about to burst by Chris's silence.

"Half to death? please I made sure he was still breathing by the time I was finished." Chris mother gasps by Chris nonchalance and begins to also walk up to him, but instead of anger filling her eyes it was instead filled with annoyance.

"Christoffer do you think this is funny? You could have been expelled if it wasn't for your dad and me. "

My eyes follow Chris body. I watch as he lifts himself off the couch and walks his way to the kitchen. His father was now steaming with anger by how non chalant Chris is being 

"Chris how dare you to walk away from us when we are talking to you!" His father yells stomping his was towards him.

Breathing heavily as I watch his father full of anger, making his way toward his son.

Suddenly a roar of voices begins to echo the house. Yelling from each person rang in my head and I hear heavy words being thrown around the air. Trying to control my breathing I try not to picture my past and concentrate on something, anything on the wall. Suddenly my lips begin to move and before I knew it I had blurted something out.

"It was because of me!" I yelled over the shouts that were coming from Chris and his parents.

Snapping their head towards me their eyes widen as if they finally notice me, a girl who had been witnessing the whole fight in the corner of the house.