Chapter Fifty

5 words that changed everything

The week that followed Chris's party was filled with students from all years saying how amazing the party was. I heard people talking about peoples hook ups and crazy things that people did.

For example, Tristan, some guy from the year below us. Ran into the stream in his birthday suit and his friends took away his clothes. So not only was he drunk but he was also naked.

"It happened like 5 days ago why aren't people shutting up about it." Sana's voice filled with annoyance as she takes a seat at the picnic table with us. If words would explain what I was feeling those were it.

"I think it's great! It just showed how amazing it was." Vilde exclaimed as she takes a bite of her lettuce.

I'm still on Sana side for this argument. I've been trying to avoid Chris all week and it's been very difficult when everyone going on about how amazing his party was.

"Shut up vilde, just because you made out with 3 people." Eve teased which caused vilde cheeks to light up a rose red.

Pressing my lips together I lean on my hand wanting this conversation to stop. It isn't the fact that vilde made out with Jørgen, Alexander, and Kim. I honestly think good on her. I just want anything to a conversation involving any part of Chris to stop.

"Did anyone else hook up with anyone?" Eva asked as she scans the group.

Silently groaning I roll my eyes knowing we have already had this conversation on Monday. When all of this was relevant.

"We know all yours." She says as she points over to vilde.

"Hmm, you hooked up with Henry right?" She scans over to Chris who takes out the lolly pop which was laying in her mouth and corrects Eva by saying this other girl from her statistic class.

"You nobody," I assume she was talking to Sana. I wouldn't be completely sure because at this point my head was looking down hoping that she didn't say mine out loud knowing I'll have to lie to their faces again.

"And Adam I think?" Slowly raising my head I get greeted by a long finger pointing at me. Biting my lip I nod my head trying really hard not to look guilty.

My timing was perfect because before I could be interrogated for my weird reaction the bell rung causing all the student to head back to their class.

Getting up I wrap my arms around my binder heading straight to class ignoring the weird stares I was getting from the other girl.

I'm bad at lying. No wait, I'm a terrible one. I can't help but let the guilt of my actions. Whether that be small or big. Flush through me. When I was little it was my sister's way of knowing if I had stolen something from me. Because when she ask id shake my head with worry and guilt present in my orbs.

My legs come to a halt as I stand outside my biology class. Gulping as I stare into the stuffy room I hear some annoyed mummers of others as they move past me.

I see him. He's sitting at our table tapping against the table impatiently. His long fingers brush through his blonde hair. I watch as he smiles at his friends as they pass him.

Biting my lip I take a small step in. All week I've been putting this off. On Monday I didn't have biology so it was easy to avoid him. But the days I did have Bio I would go to the sick bay with "sore stomach" or "period pains" but today I had run out of excuses so I have no choice to be confronted by his presence.

Looking over to him I watch as his body faces to the front with his note pad out and his laptop closed in front of him. Gulping again I smile pretending that he didn't have his hands gripped gently on my hips, or his tongue tracing circles in my mouth.