Chapter Fourty- Six

Rave

Pressing the watch next episode button on Netflix I shuffle deeper into the couch trying to get comfortable. Wrapping my small blanket around me I attempt trap the heat as I enjoy the next episode of Orange is the new black.

Hearing a knock on the door I pause my tv show and get up from the warmth of my blanket. Glancing through the small gap between the curtains I smile seeing Adam waiting patiently for me to answer.

Opening the door my smile grows happy that he is nowhere even if it was out of nowhere.

"Why aren't you dressed?" His eyebrows stitch as he enters my house. Looking down confused at my outfit I see my fluffy striped socks, wiggling my toes I shake my head not knowing what Adam is talking about.

"Dressed for what?" I asked wondering why he doesn't like the look of my oversized black t-shirt and baggy stripped pants.

Looking over to Adam I realise how dressed up he is, considering that it's 9 pm.

"We're going to Chris's party," exhaling at the thought of Chris I remember his big party is on tonight. All the girls are going are going but I told Vilde I might pass on this one as I was feeling a cold coming through. Even though that was a complete lie she somehow believed it and said it was fine.

"Oh, I wasn't invited to that," I say not completely lying as I never got the invitation that everyone else seem to be getting on their phone. Which honestly I don't mind if it means I don't have to go. Adam rolls his eyes and points to himself.

"You'll go with me, you can be my plus one." Pressing my lips together I wrinkle my nose. It's half the fact that it's Chris party but it's also the fact that I was having a nice night in which I haven't done in ages. I thought it would be nice snuggling on my couch watching Orange is the new black while eating a bag of chips.

"I might stay in tonight. But you can go," I chirp hoping my approval is good enough for him.

"Come on, this will be a great place for me to meet friends" I roll my eyes,

"You don't need me to be there for you to make friends, do you?" Adam has a couple of friends from living here in first year But I guess leaving for 2 years a lot has changed. I just don't understand why I need to be there for him.

"Please?" He begs, looking at me with soft eyes. Exhaling a defeated breath out I give in to Adams pleads. Not being able to take much more of the soft pathetic eyes he's shooting at me.

"Just let me get ready." I annoyingly said stomping back to my room.

Throwing on the warmest and closest things available I somehow am able to create an outfit that Is somewhat acceptable to wear in the outside world.I look over at my mirror examine my blue jeans and black long sleeve not caring if it's party friendly.

 All I really want is to be warm. Sitting on my bed while hunching my back over. Slipping off my fuzzy warm stripped socks and into my plain white socks I see a gimps of an alpine green wrapping paper. Pressing my lips together I slowly walk over to it lifting up my present I had bought Chris a couple of weeks ago.

It wasn't anything too fancy it was just a few of his favourite things that I think he'd like. Things that would only be shared with the both of us, not wanting the whole world to know.

Throwing on a warm coat I sigh in the mirror wondering how this night will play out.

Driving in I already feel my bones rattles to the beat of the loudly played music. Glancing outside I watch as the multiple colour flashes in the sky to the beat of the music. Biting down on my lips, I glance back over to Adam who looks more than ready to leave.