Lucky Penny - Taeil

(Taeil it is XD)

(Taeil it is XD)

If you roll a penny, follow it. See where it lands. If the penny lands, face up, at the feet of another person, you're destined to be with them.

   It was a popular lore around your grandmother's birth place. Something that has been around for a while. She told you sometime back, along with other kinds of old-time stories. You thought it was interesting, but didn't think it was real.

   But you were out shopping in your town, and had one in hand. So, why not try?

   You laughed at yourself, for even trying this, but you released it from your hand in the middle of the mall. The penny curved past people, not even touching them.

    It felt weird, just following a rolling penny around the mall. You hoped people didn't notice.

    The penny curved and dipped down on its side, rolling around on its edge. It came to a stop, and next to someone's feet. The stranger bent down to pick up the penny, that was on the ground face up.

    The stranger was cute; adorable, actually. He smiled, realizing it was your penny. He handed it back, looking in your eyes, giving you a nod, then walked off.

   You looked down at the penny, still face up.

Next day

   "It's just a lore, it's not true," you tried to convince your friend over the phone. Your parents asked you to walk to the store to pick up a few things, so you were walking down the sidewalk into town.

   "You going to run into him again, and get married, and have cute fetuses!"

   "Yah!"

   People walking by you stopped and stared for a second, then continued on.

   You lowered your voice. "Watch, I'll do it again right now, and it'll be a different person, guaranteed."

   You fished out a penny from your pocket, flicking it down the sidewalk. You watched it speed up as it continued down a hill.

   "It's rolling. I'm following," you said into the phone. "It's slowing down, and stopping..."

   You almost dropped the phone.

   "I'm gonna have to all you back."

   The stranger from before picked up the penny that was lying face up. He laughed this time, warmly.

   "Do you chase pennies for a living?" he asked, voice smooth like honey.

   You slowly slid your phone into your pocket, taking the penny. You smiled shyly.

   "I'm Taeil," he introduced.

"I'm (y/n)."

Taeil smiled at you. "See you around."

Two days later

"I told you!" Your friend yelled. "You two are gonna get married!"

"Stop," you laughed. "It doesn't work like that. It's just a penny. Coincidences happen."

"Coin-cidences my foot." Your friend laughed. "Get it, coin because it's a penny."

   "Funny," you replied sarcastically.

   "Roll it again," you friend told you.

   "No."

   "Please."

    You rolled your eyes, pulling out the penny again.

   Your friend got excited, watching the penny run off.

"Get ready to be disappointed," you told her. However, the penny fell with its face turned up. Your friend fought back a squeal. It was at the feet of Taeil.

    Taeil's eyes creased with laughter. He tossed the penny your way and you caught it.

    "(Y/n), we're going to have to do something about this penny situation."

    You couldn't answer. You were too busy being confused and shocked that for the third time in a row the penny landed face up, at Taeil's feet.

"I'm (y/n)'s friend, and I think maybe you two should maybe go out for a movie or seomthing?"

You faced your friend, widening your eyes.

"That's a good idea," Taeil agreed. "I'm free this evening. Please join me?"

You stumbled over words in your brain before finally saying, "Yes."

It was a nice evening. He even took you out for something to eat afterwards. He asked if you wanted to go on another date sometime, and you agreed to it. After giving you his number, he stepped back, and said, "Although, I don't think you'll be needing my number. Just roll that lucky penny of yours and we'll meet again."

Taeil winked, then walked off.

(A/N): so I'm thinking about making a full out story based on this concept. Probably with Taehyung. Idk, it won't be until later, but I'm thinking about it. Also, I almost made it fricking depressing by making her roll it a third time and it stopped at a hospital and apparently Taeil got in a car crash and just died there, but I thought nahhh, let's not be depressing.

Qotd: Where do you really want to visit some day?

Next: Jisung scenario