Just Go With It - Johnny

(Highkey inspired off a Tumblr post)

~ ~ ~

You tapped your foot nervously under the table, seeing people seated around you often sending sympathetic glances your way. You were currently waiting for your date to arrive, but have been for maybe fifteen minutes by now. The waitress cautiously walked over a couple of times to ask if you want to go ahead and order, but you would turn her down because you were for sure your date would be arriving soon.

He never did.

You sighed and let your back fall against the chair you were seated in. Your phone's screen showed no notifications. The person that was supposed to meet you there didn't even respond to your question, asking them if they would get here soon.

This was the first date you were having with this certain person. You've messaged him a few times before and FaceTimed a few calls. That night was supposed to be the in-person reveal.

Why isn't he here? you mentally asked yourself. Maybe I should just give up.

The legs of your chair scuffed the floor as you gently pushed out. Your head turned towards the sound of the restaurant's front door opening. A very tall stranger came pacing into the building, searching around the room until his eyes landed on you. Confused, you stayed put for a little bit, watching the man start towards you and showing a bright grin.

"Sorry, babe, traffic is really bad," he told you, opening up his arms to hug you.

You took a step back in caution. I have never seen him in my life. However, that didn't stop the tall man from engulfing you in his arms.

"Just go with it," he very quietly, almost inaudibly, whispered into your ear. He spoke quickly so the hug wouldn't seem too long. "My name's Johnny. I work at the cafe next door and walked by noticing your upset expression and lonely look."

Johnny pulled back, still holding onto that friendly smile. He pulled out your chair for you to sit in. Awkwardly, you sat back down while Johnny pushed it back in.

"Thank you." You gave a small nod with a tiny voice. You stayed slightly on edge from the stranger that just came in hugging you and claiming to be your late date.

The waitress gladly took your orders, almost looking relieved that your 'date' finally made it.

"So," this Johnny guy began while leaning forward. His hands clasped together on the surface of the table. "What's your job like, or are you unemployed?"

You gave Johnny a long stare while staying silent. Finally, you took in a slow and long breath. "Why are you doing this?"

"Why wouldn't I?" Johnny returned. A smile tugged at his lips, but not in a perverted way like some guys normally did. Not in a suggestive way either, like you've seen before. It was a genuine smile that he had. One that was welcoming and friendly. It looked like something you could trust.

"I'm (y/n), by the way." You licked your dry lips while looking down to your owns hands that crossed in your lap. "My date apparently decided to ditch me," you spoke, but quiet and low.

"Did he give you any reason to do that?"

You shook your head. "He never answered me back."

"Whoever this guy is, he doesn't deserve you. That was a really douchey move to pull."

Seeing that Johnny was just being nice, you started to relax. It was incredibly sweet that he came in to pretend to be your date and save you from any embarrassment.

"Now, tell me more about yourself."

The dinner carried on as if Johnny was supposed to be your date all along. In fact, you enjoyed talking to Johnny more than you ever felt towards messaging or calling the other guy. He was sweet in every way with a good amount of humor. He even paid for the whole meal, including a shared dessert.

You left the restaurant chuckling from a joke Johnny just told you. He held the door open wide for you while also laughing himself.

"Thank you, Johnny, for everything," you thanked him.

His hand reached behind his head and threaded his fingers through his hair shyly. "It was no problem. You deserve better. I may not be worthy of you either, but I really enjoyed that."

Your smile was impossible to hide, and a feeling of heat rose to your cheeks. "I also had a good time."

"I work next door at Limitless Cafe if you ever want to drop in to see me." Johnny began taking a couple steps back for his departure. "I would love to see you again."

Johnny spun around on his heels and took off down the sidewalk, leaving you to feel a burst of feelings erupt in your chest.

You know, your mind spoke for you. I would love to see you again too, Johnny.

~   ~   ~

(A/N): I hope there aren't any errors. I'm posting this while about to go to sleep (like always which explains why there's probably errors lol). Sorry I haven't been that active. School is stressful and I'm still so shook from what SM is doing and all of NCT. Pleasesendhelp. Also, I've been so obsessed with this (English) song called 'Decorate' by Yuna for such a long time. Ehhh I love it so much

Qotd: What song are you currently obsessed with?

Next: NCT Reaction...