Soulmate AU ; Jaemin

(Skdkdkd another--late--interruption for our bright Jaemin! I hope he had a nice birthday and I wish him a great year!!! Thanks to lalaandtokki for helping me with setting the base of this au)

~ ~ ~

   Saying goodbye to you was always hard for Jaemin. Not just because he loved seeing you and dreaded parting. Having to wait for the next time to meet up. It wasn't just because he would be left to think about when he'll see your face again. That's not all of it.

   Jaemin almost feared having to say goodbye because one of those goodbyes will really be the last. As he brushed his teeth, getting ready to see you, Jaemin pulled down the collar of his shirt to see the small black words written across his chest. The mirror reflected the words backward, but he still knew exactly what they said.

   Yes, goodbye Jaemin. I'll see you later...

   A sentence he hears almost every time you leave. Though, he doesn't have the heart to tell you. He doesn't want you to worry every time you left. It would be better to leave you from that stress.

   It's not like you would know if you were actually soulmates. You don't know until it's too late... and you lose them forever.

   But Jaemin felt so close to you. Ever since you met, he's felt this strong connection. Even if it's hard to say, he felt certain you were the one the universe wanted him to be with.

   There was a knock on the door that sent Jaemin running to the source. Peeking out the window, he discovered you on the other side. The door was flung open and you were engulfed in his arms. The two of you decided to hang out in the morning. You spent it mostly just sitting around and watching a couple of movies or talking. As usual, you could count on being in his arms the whole time.

   "What if we never have to say goodbye again?" Jaemin asked you, thinking about the words across his chest. "You can just stay in my arms forever."

   You gave a short laugh, unaware of his thoughts. Though, yours clouded your mind as you thought back to the words written across the back of your neck that one of your friends noticed for you: do you really have to go? He asked you this almost everytime you were about to leave and it gave you a sense of worry that you should stay a bit longer and make sure nothing happens to him. You can't always do this because of the times you need to get back home, but you still have that alarm ringing in your heart and the need to text him as soon as you got home.

   "That would be nice," you told Jaemin, leaning back against his chest. 

   The day continued on and the sun made it's way to the middle of the sky, but the clouds had appeared to block the light and the wind started to pick up. It was getting about time for you to leave, but Jaemin was clinging to your arm as you started for the door.