Surprise - Mark

(I'm sorry for the cluster of Mork updates XD Also, I reference Mork's eggs way too much)

It was a gloomy Friday evening. You sat in your living room, home alone, reading fan fiction to pass the time. Your phone sent a small vibration, notifying you of a text from your boyfriend, Mark.

Mark: Have you eaten today?

Your stomach rumbled to remind you that the answer was a no.

You: No, there's nothing good at home.

Mark: Don't make me fly over there.

You smiled at your phone. Mark didn't live anywhere near you. In fact, he wasn't even in the same country. He was always so busy with NCT and SM never giving him any breaks.

You: Threaten me with your eggs. That'll make me determined to find anything else.

Mark: -_-

You: Never mind, that would just make me lose my appetite.

You slid off the couch to look through the kitchen just once more. Maybe you missed something at first.

Your phone buzzed, but you ignored it, deciding to just look at it after you've found something. However, it wouldn't stop buzzing with texts. You finally sighed, shuffling over to your phone.

Mark: Well, if you can wait just a little longer to eat...

Mark: (y/n)... are you ready to eat?

Mark: Just look outside.

Mark: (y/n)?

Mark: Please look outside...

Mark: IT'S COLD OUT HERE!

You stared at the screen in bewilderment. What is he going on about? You rushed to the front door, throwing it open. Suddenly, confetti was thrown your way. You blinked a couple times, feeling like this was just a dream.

"Surprise!" Mark told you, the widest smile on his face.

You looked at him in utter shock. "What? When? HOW?" A smiled mirrored onto your face as well. You felt a slight prickling sensation behind your eyes, as if tears of joy were threatening to escape. It's been the longest time since both and you and Mark have been able to see each other in person.

Mark looped his arms around you, pulling you into a warm hug despite the cold weather. You buried your face in his jacket.

"Let's go eat," Mark told you. "I'm making it."

You looked at him, desperately shaking your head.

He let out a little Mark giggle. "I'm just kidding." He hooked his arm with yours. "You have no faith in my cooking abilities. I'm the fully capable Mark."

"Mark," you started, walking over to the car next to him. "I've seen your cooking. I'm not putting that in my mouth."

    Mark gave a sign. "I've missed hearing your comments in person."

   Mark opened the door car door for you to get in the back seat. Mark still can't drive, so Taeyong sat in the driver's seat to take you guys somewhere.

   Taeyong didn't go inside because he was giving you two some space. Mark paid for dinner, and took you for ice cream. There was a hotel near your town that Mark got a room at so he could stay for a couple more days near you.

   A couple other NCT members members are staying as well. You got to hang out with them, and you can probably already tell just how much fun that was.

   It was eventually the night Mark had to go back. You stood at the airport next to him, saying goodbyes.

   "Please come back soon," you told him.

   "I'll try." He grabbed your hand, looking deeply into your eyes. Before thinking any farther, he planted a soft kiss on your lips. "Goodbye."

    Your heart fluttered in shock. You watched Mark walk down the airport towards his flight. Before getting on board, he turned to give you one last smile.

(A/N): Holo everyone (if you get that reference I will love you forever). I hope you had a fine day, morning, night, whatever it is for you. You can probably also tell that I'm going to spread out my updates a little more.

Requested by: @nctzen2610

Qotd: Who in NCT would you like to cook for you?

Next: Yuta scenario