Million Reasons - Johnny

(I'm not really up on recent songs, but I heard this singer named Madilyn Bailey do a cover to the song Million Reasons by Lady Gaga and I thought it was so beautiful and story-worthy. I put the video (Madilyn Bailey version) in the header of you want to listen while reading)

Your family was hosting a little get-together dinner. Johnny, your boyfriend, had been invited and agreed to come, but where was he now?

Your eyes constantly watch the world outside the window as you hoped to see Johnny's car pull into the driveway. It never came. Dinner was finished and you kept sending him texts, but he wouldn't answer.

"Is your boyfriend, Johnny, going to be making it?" one of the family members asked you while you stood at the window.

You gave a second before softly answering. "I don't think so."

The family started to pack everything up. It's not worth waiting anymore, you thought, slipping on your jacket. The night sky had fallen over and the stars shone brightly. On your way home, your phone began to buzz. Johnny's name appeared on the screen. You felt a sort of rage in your chest as you answered the call.

"(y/n)! I'm so sorry! I was caught up at work I completely spaced tonight!"

Your throat closed, realizing the familiarity of his apologies. This was definitely not the first time this has happened. "I don't know how much more I can go through."

There was a silence from the other end. "What... what are you talking about?"

"You do this all the time, Johnny." Your voice quivered because you couldn't keep doing this. "No matter what I do or say I can't make the worst seem better."

"Can we please talk in person?"

"No, I can't do this." Tears clouded your vision. "You're giving me a million reasons to let you go. You never show up for anything, even meeting my family. You can never even see me. Why be in a relationship with someone you can't even have a full conversation with before they have to leave? Johnny, you said you would come. You lied to me. You lied to my family. There are a hundred million reasons to walk away."

You held onto your breath, but stayed completely aware. "If you even say something that you might actually mean, I don't think I would know which part to believe. Evey time it happens, you just make it harder for me to keep this faith."

"I promise... I'll do anything." Johnny's voice was hushed coming through the phone and he sounded so fragile at that moment.

"I only need one good one to stay."

You ended the call. Tell me you'll be that good one.

~Midnight~

You spent the rest of the night sulking in your house wondering if you did the right thing. Of course I did. If I couldn't handle anymore, then it wasn't worth it.

But you loved him, and that's the funny thing about love... you'd let them get away with murder, even if it was your own.

There was a knock on the door. You wiped your tear stained cheeks before opening it up. Johnny stood there with a look of worry.

"(y/n), I just want you to know how sorry I am."

"Using sorry so many times really makes it lose its meaning."

Johnny lowered his eyebrows, giving you a sad look. "Do you want to know why I spent so much time working?"

You shifted your weight. "Why?"

Johnny pulled a dainty necklace out from his pocket. Your birthstone was wrap with a silver loop and a diamond on top. "I've been saving up money to buy it for you. I remembered you pointing it out when I took you shopping during our first couple weeks of dating."

   You stared at the necklace for a long time.

   "Do you... like it?" Johnny shly asked.

   "Johnny," you breathed, "I love it, but you really didn't have to do this. It must have been so expensive."

   He huffed a laugh, looking at his feet. "I wanted to get you something to show you just how much you mean to me. I know there are a million reasons to leave me, but in my world, there are a million reasons why I love you, and all I want to be the one reason for you to want me to stay in your life. Please forgive me, (y/n)?"

Do you forgive Johnny?

~ ~ ~

(A/N): I hope your enjoyed a little Johnny. Here's some OH DADDY worth booty I randomly found while looking for a picture as the header...

 Here's some OH DADDY worth booty I randomly found while looking for a picture as the header

Now that's one fine booty.

Qotd: What's the last song you listened to (besides Millions Reasons if you listened to it while reading)?

Next: NCT Dream // Reaction to Their s/o Breaking Up With Them