Soulmate AU ; Mark

(Sorry for being so inactive with e v e r y t h i n g except my applyfics. I will get back into a schedule soon. But now it's time for a little LATE interruption for a big happy LATE birthday wish to our Mork! I can't believe how old he's getting I feel like he should still be 12 ;-; lol but seriously, I'm feeling emo about this eUh why can't he just stay in Dream forever??? Anyway, here's a soulmate au for our fully capable one)

 But now it's time for a little LATE interruption for a big happy LATE birthday wish to our Mork! I can't believe how old he's getting I feel like he should still be 12 ;-; lol but seriously, I'm feeling emo about this eUh why can't he just stay i...

~ ~ ~

Another sleepless night for Mark as he looked down at the small black writing on his arm, waiting for another line in return as he sat in the bathroom. Late at night is the only chance he really got to talk to 'the one'. He knew the stories, told to him by his parents, about whatever you write on your own skin will appear on your soulmate's.

With a sigh of defeat, Mark rose from sitting on the tiled floor, glancing down at his 'hello? how are you?' once again. There was no reply. Not even a small dot in presence.

There would be nights where he received a reply, and he would stay up with this big smile on his face as he covered himself in ink just to keep talking to his soulmate. He can only talk to them at night because it was against the company's policies to interact with a person of interest until your career is starting to die down or your contract is ending. So Mark waited until everyone was asleep. Sometimes, it would result in him falling asleep and not being able to talk to them, or he would be extremely tired the next day. Without being able to talk all that much, Mark resorted to doodling small things on his arm during the day while eating lunch or sitting around. Most of the time, he could expect one in return.

As hope was fading away, Mark began to brush his teeth and get ready to finally go to sleep. However, as he rose the toothbrush to his mouth, he saw a new line written under his.

'It seems like you only write to me at this time haha.'

Mark almost dropped his toothbrush in excitement. He grabbed the pen and continued on with the conversation as he went on brushing his teeth.

'It's the only time I have to talk to you.'

'We've only ever actually talked three other times and it's only been about how our days were. I'm not even sure what you're like.'

'I guess I've just been kind of shy when it comes to talking about who I am. My name is Mark Lee.'

'I'm (y/n).'

'Where do you live?'

'Haha, what if my soulmate is a serial killer?'