Rumors - Jaehyun

Me: *sees picture used for the header* *inhales* WHATTA MAN WHATTA MAN WHATTA MAN- I'm sorry, I'll go home...

(Requested by kpoptr4sh ~ Similar to the Markhyuck one (ish) but dealing with a new female idol named Angie ^^ Also, I don't really know much about dating policies or how SM deals with it. If I got it wrong, just play along XD)

~ ~ ~

Jaehyun's P.O.V

That first day I saw her walk through the doors of SM Entertainment, I was caught off guard. She looked so bright eyed and almost intimidated by everything around her. I approached slowly, placing a friendly grin on my face. What she didn't know was how nervous I was feeling at that moment as well.

"You're new, right? I'm Jaehyun from NCT. I hope to get to know you more."

Her face lit up at my friendly introduction. "I'm Angie," she greeted back. "I hope to talk to you more as well."

It was almost like fate as we constantly would bump into each other. Even in places we wouldn't expect.

"I'm so sorry!" I gasped after colliding with Angie coming out of the elevator.

She chuckled. "Don't worry about it," Angie told me as she boarded the lift.

The doors were closing when I stuck my arm back through the gap to stop them in place. "Wait, Angie!"

Angie looked at me with big, questioning eyes while the elevator opened back up. I took in a couple of big breaths before continuing.

"Would you like... I mean..." I let out a nervous and weak laugh while rubbing the side of my face. "Sorry... Will you be my girlfriend?"

Her face was blank. It didn't show any emotion. My heart completely skipped over itself in embarrassment.

"Sorry," I apologized again. "That was probably a little too soon. I didn't mean to bother you-"

"Yes, Jaehyun. I would love to be your girlfriend."

One of the best things to ever happen to me.

-The two were a happy couple, but it was hard for them to be together with a dating rule in their contract. Jaehyun and Angie stayed away from the light to keep their secret to them, having to act no more than friends when around others. However, they didn't notice the rumors spreading about them after a fan caught a picture of them holding hands while out.-

Angie collapsed in a chair backstage, a sheen of sweat on her forehead after a huge performance on stage. It was her debut show as a new member of Red Velvet. I showed up behind the scenes to watch, but I haven't told her that I'm here yet.

I slowly slipped into small room, smiling with a water bottle in hand. Angie had her eyes on her phone, scrolling through something looking exhausted. It wasn't until I was just a couple feet away when she noticed me. Angie jumped up from her seat, glancing to make sure no one was around before slinging her arms around my neck.

I laughed, hugging her back. "Gross, you're sweaty."

Angie pulled back, but only enough to look at me. "Well, I was just performing."

After a couple seconds longer of me taking in the sight of her, I held up the water bottle that was in my hands. "Water?"

She gladly took it from my hands. "Do you see them cheering us on?" Angie asked after taking a break from the long gulps for hydration. "It was magical!"

"That feeling will just get better and better." I kissed the top of her head before pulling Angie closer to me.

There was a subtle knock on the door as someone cracked the door open. Angie pushed herself away from me and I stumbled a couple steps back.

"What a great performance you put on," I told Angie, acting like I was just here to tell her a good job.

"Thank you, Jaehyun. You better get back to the other members. Tell them thank you for the compliment as well," Angie played along.

"Actually," the lady at the door started, "you're both needed."

It wasn't long until we were both escorted to our managers. We were in complete shock to see them restating dating policies and telling how our relationship could harm not only the groups but the company.

Angie and I tried to convince them that we're not dating, but they showed pictures fans have snapped of us out holding hands, hugging, and sharing food. It was hard to back up and say that we're close friends when the last picture showed me kissing her on the forehead.

"It's either you two tell the public that this is all a lie and break-up... or you stay together and possibly sacrifice both groups potential," the managers explained.

I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, and it was like I couldn't breathe. There's no way I can just leave Angie. Not with the feelings I have for her.

-Jaehyun went and explained everything to his fellow members. Angie did the same. Both sides had the same answer to give: "Don't break-up. You love each other way too much to do that. We're here to support you. Just don't make a stupid mistake of leaving someone so meaningful in your life."-

-And that's exactly what they did. They soon even announced it to the public. It took time for those at SM to accept, but with all their members backing them up, Jaehyun and Angie were finally happily together and welcomed by all.-

~ ~ ~

(A/N): BLESS MinYoongiWantsToBeMe FOR BEING IN MY LIFE! She's always there to help me when I'm tied down and stressed. OOF. Another thing, I started back up at school today. I no longer have any classes with my crush... Totally not disappointed or anything.

Qotd: Do you think idols should be able to date?

Aotd: I get where companies come from with dating policies, but I don't think they should be completely held back, you know? I can see both sides in this situation. They don't want people to get mad at idols being taken because there are those fans. Also, it's hard to tell if someone would be dating you for you or just because you're famous. There's also getting a little too close to someone, if you know what I'm saying. However, you shouldn't hold someone back the wubs they have.

Next: Taeyong scenario